Olympic cycling - track and road (may contain spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuyBoden

Guru
I did kind of say that.
I'll have to put my reading glasses on, I hope the Kennys both enjoyed retirement in Chelford and the annual agriculture/live stock event.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
The Danish guy was wrong for losing the plot and he was in the wrong. But it must have frightened the crap out of him. They soon got over it and was having a laugh at Chris Boardmans objection to the tape on their legs.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Carlin put in an Olympic record time for GB in the men's sprint (the 200m flying start one against the clock), then along come the Netherlands who snatch the OR back with 2 riders on dead level times. These records don't last long in GB's hands.

Marchant qualified well in the Keirin.

Last edited:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
She left her line to avoid becoming boxed in but slightly baulked the German(?) rider behind her. She looked strong enough to survive the repêchage.
She won the repechage, but has now expended more energy.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
These men's pursuit events! Kiwis hit the ragged edge in a tight race against Australia, touch of wheels, 4th man down, as the front rider peels off expecting there to be 3 riders behind him.

Carlin put in an Olympic record time for GB in the men's sprint (the 200m flying start one against the clock), then along come the Netherlands who snatch the OR back with 2 riders on dead level times.
The 1 rider sprints are possibly the most boring in the velodrome programme. I know they're "pure", but they don't make good entertainment, and cycling is in a fight with other Olympic sports so I wish they'd focus on the ones we want to watch! (well OK - MY favourites, anyway ... )
I turn off when they feature in the Omnium too 👎

Top Bottom