On owning a Caravan, CC'ers experience?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think the Caravan hotel thing is not really relevant. The Caravan will give you the freedom to do things on an organised whim for however long you like. When I had motorhomes, it was easy to take off for a weekend. We once set off from Scotland, where we were living, headed to the South Coast, decided the weather was a bit shoot, booked a place on the ferry to Spain, arrived in Santander and gently headed up through France and Germany until we got to Denmark and then found a ferry back. That's a bit more of a chore with a caravan but you get the idea.

I also tended to gravitate towards small informal sites. I disliked Caravan Club and to a lesser extent CC&C sites. I found them too organised and stifling and god forbid if the kids got a ball out, you could hear the tuts and the rustle of Daily Mail's being shaken. My slightly anarchic side liked to park the van the wrong way around (oh yes, they have such rules) or on an angle but the great thing about a Caravan is you can go to a site which has pretty poor facilities but is in a great spot and not care because you have your own facilities. So my advice is to find sites like that. You can also go to Scotland and have safe haven from the midges and the Highland summer.

JeeezzzzusHTittychrist have you seen the prices of some of these wobble boxes? You can have a lot of nights in some nice hotels in any country in the world for less money.

Try looking at the price of statics and when you realize they have an average lifespan of 15 years before becoming virtually worthless and that you have a further £1k to £7k + a year in ground rent and still have to travel to it and pay for food etc etc......... Still we get to sleep in our own bed and the dogs can come with us :smile:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Try looking at the price of statics and when you realize they have an average lifespan of 15 years before becoming virtually worthless and that you have a further £1k to £7k + a year in ground rent and still have to travel to it and pay for food etc etc......... Still we get to sleep in our own bed and the dogs can come with us :smile:

Your not making it any more attractive.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Fabbers is looking out the details of the closest site when we come for tea or can we just pull up outside with the van ?;)

You can park it on my drive.

KEEF

Veteran
InkedvanD2_LI.jpg
My Van.

Top Bottom