On your walk today..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
We have a dog and used to enjoy long walks - parts of the routes I do on mid week evenings on the hybrid now, much longer on a weekend up in the dales (the Washburn Valley was a favourite), but he's a teenager now and unfortunately he's happy with a pootle round the block now. Even the mile or so to the Co-op and back for a paper is enough to have him sleeping for the rest of the day...
I try and walk at least a mile every day in my lunch break, usually around Halifax town centre, or wider afield if I have chance. Gives me the chance to look up and enjoy the Victorian and Edwardian architecture. They don't make 'em like that any more...

Diggs

Veteran
OK OK so it wasn't strictly today but I've been on holiday*, this from a walk to a secluded bay from our hotel in Ibiza.

*Plus - wish me luck, first ride tomorrow in over a fortnight, post two weeks of all-inclusive eating and drinking.
DSC_0423.JPG

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
OK OK so it wasn't strictly today but I've been on holiday*, this from a walk to a secluded bay from our hotel in Ibiza.

*Plus - wish me luck, first ride tomorrow in over a fortnight, post two weeks of all-inclusive eating and drinking.
View attachment 99304

That will be me next week after a fortnight of indulgence, not all walked off on my daily beach walks.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your ride.

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
Well it was only a matter of time!
For all the walks you do : between rides, for leisure, for rehab, for exercise, for fitness, with friends and family, on your own, for pleasure, for business or whatever other reason you're off the bike and you want to share.

So, on my walk today, I :
strode along the beach at Marazion with an incoming tide,
collected too many stones that caught my eye that I just had to pick up,
was awed by the speed and jumps of the kite surfers,
savoured the foaming, rolling, crashing waves as they rose up the beach,
watched lots of birds feeding at the water's edge,
got rained and blown on,
felt glad to be alive, I wouldn't want to be on holiday anywhere else!

View attachment 99044

What about you?
I can't believe I missed off dog walking on the list, it's the most obvious one!

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
About 1/2 to 3/4 mile walks every day, as I walk to the end of our block and back about 4 times per day, 3 times on workdays. Max and Heidi need to keep up on the local dog news. Now that the weather is getting to be more suitable, we may have some longer distance trips as well.

I had a walk down the river Esk a couple of weeks ago.
Newport.jpg

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The beach in front of the Riu Garopa is fabulous, warm Atlantic waves crashing in, albeit safely, a lot of fun. A walk for 5 minutes takes you to a huge sand dune, maybe 30 or 40ft high, over that then we found ourselves on a near deserted beach, turquoise waters, white surf, and 1/4 mile or so of wide wide beach with 2, yes 2 couples on it and we were one of them. 3 hours in the 30 degree sun that by the way never leaves you sweating here, playing in the sea, soaking up the rays. A further walk along over volcanic black rocks rounded by probably millions of years, a jet black crab scurried around, a dead fish with a parrot like beak in the sand, quite a few birds like turnstones scurrying to and fro at the edge of the surf , a sea bird spooked up by us, two locals who have a makeshift shelter made of those black rocks fishing...over another 1/2 mile to another...deserted beach.
Then 4 people had the temerity to join us on OUR beach :angry::laugh: (google riu garopa beach, the first photo does it justice)
People just dont want to explore, walk circa 1 mile and you find fabulous beaches with hardly a soul on them.On the way back, two raptor type birds lazily circling over the dunes that slowly become that barren Mars like landscape that Sal island is for the most part, a real mix of endless yellow sand, turquoise seas, white surf...and as the locals say...nooo stress ^_^
Yesterday....a one and a half hour walk the other way to Santa Maria along the beach with the same kind of views, an hour meander round town then a half hour walk back by road.
Gotta walk off some of that excess food and beer :whistle:
Peterborough sounds a lot nicer than I'd imagined.

stearman65

Southport Botanic Gardens was carpeted with autumn leaves today, with youngsters scrabbling around for the chestnuts left behind by other foragers. The animals in the mini zoo had that air of approaching winter. Had my usual rum & raisin at the cafe. Summers memories fading.
upload_2016-10-16_16-55-15.png

Top Bottom