On your walk today..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
On my walk today I saw a Sika deer, very cute :smile:

Old jon

Guru
On my walk today, thank you sister, we walked around Harewood House,

Me and Lourdes.jpg

On the way to the pub.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I’ve only just discovered this thread!

We went for a walk today, a total of 11 miles from home to the local country park, once around the lake, stop at the reasonably priced café for a bite to eat and then a steady walk back home.

Great walk, saw the odd rabbit and a few birds and found a golf ball (not that I’m a golfist but the kids thought it was good - like finding treasure). It was very cold especially around the lake. Walked on the settled snow on the way there and in the puddles left behind on the way back.

Last edited:

potsy

Rambler
I only walk for 2 reasons...

To give the dog some fresh air..
or to get to the fridge...

Today it was the dog's turn...

20190202144138~2.JPG

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Today, I drove a couple of miles to the World's End pub in Ecton to start my walk.

Heading across the Northampton Round, as it's called, I was hopping from tussock to tussock to keep out of the bullock trampled footpath.

IMG_05022019_172357_(1000_x_700_pixel).jpg

Once through that, I decided not to use the tractor tramlines showing we're the footpath is, and walked around the perimeter of the field.

IMG_05022019_172300_(1000_x_700_pixel).jpg

Sywell Reservoir. A nice place for a walk, but heaving at weekends and in the summer. Today was nice and quiet.

IMG_05022019_172242_(1000_x_700_pixel).jpg

A few miles later, I found that the circular walk didn't quite complete the circle, due to drainage works. There was no way past it, so I returned the way I came.

IMG_05022019_172315_(1000_x_700_pixel).jpg

The café was open, so an ice cream was purchased.

A pleasant 7+ miles.

:smile:

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Took a walk around the local villages, nature reserve and found a couple of geocaches along the way. Bit of a wind for the first half of the walk which calmed down by the halfway point. The four of us have caught the sun too!

Strava stopped recording so I’ve learnt how to manually upload a route to make up the distance after using Strava’s route planner to work out distance and elevation.

7.5 happy miles in the sun.

Top Bottom