On your walk today..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
I'll have to start rounding up the miles like I do for the cycle challenges.
I did a 3.9 miles walk and went to watch the park runners. Lots of people to say hello to, from my cycle club, my school, a couple of relatives, friends from when my kids were at school and even a CCer @stephec :hello:

View attachment 437863
You know that you've got to do parkrun yourself next week now, don't you? :smile:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
[QUOTE 5437696, member: 9609"]only half leafed - I like the way the leaves from the right are lying under the left. wind I presume[/QUOTE]

Yes, I think so - just out of shot to the right there is a gap between the houses, so it must be to do with that as all the other trees seem to be losing leaves equally.

clid61

Veteran
IMG_0284.JPG
Not today , walk most days now at least 5 miles , but this was Kotor ladder in september 1km straight up , highly recommended :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_0277.JPG
    IMG_0277.JPG
    217 KB · Views: 33

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
[QUOTE 3839202, member: 76"]I have been walking along bits of Pembroke Coast path for the last couple of weeks, mostly in the rain! I have seen quite a lot of seals and the occasional dolphin. MrsUser76 doesn't do height well, so it has been amusing to see her deal with some of the steeper and closer to the edge sections. The Poppit to Molygrove section in a near gale and horizontal rain I did just with the Beagle![/QUOTE]
Not seen this thread before, but I thought I'd let you know that three years later it's still the same :okay:

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
Just 3 miles to buy the Christmas stamps, the lottery tickets for school and photograph some lovely trees that I've found.
I want to keep coming back to these trees as the seasons change over the next 12 months, to create a collage.

PSX_20181117_132430.jpg

A group of cyclists passed me going the other way and I so wanted to join them.
What another stunning autumn day.
Definitely felt the cooler breeze through.

image.jpg image.jpg

In Trondheim visiting my misses' best friend.

Walked past the 'bike lift' (not being used, unfortunately).

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
Recent walks have all been utility walks that I've extended to come back on the loop line to enjoy the sight of trees instead of houses and cars.
Might be back at work next week which will be 2 mile walk each way.

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
It was alternating between sunshine and showers on my 6 mile walk today, delivering the 4 Christmas cards that were for friends who live on the other side of the East Lancs Road. On Tuesday I walked a 5 mile loop delivering the 14 cards to people living this side of the East Lancs Road. Altogether this week I have walked 18 miles. The other walks were back from hospital appointments and visiting school.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Today I walked instead of cycling :eek:
Well, it was a combination of factors: it was foggy, fog on the bike scares me, there's no traffic free route to where I was going.
Also, lately I've started to have this feeling of associating cycling to work.
Because I have hardly had days off since September, my brain says "on the bike, into work" :laugh:
So I walked the 4.5 miles to my Christmas dinner, back too, of course.
Result: I shan't be doing this again in a hurry!
It was sooo slow compared to the bike (probably the fact that I was carrying a gigantic homemade cake in my rucksack had something to do with that!), I arrived a sweaty mess at both ends, my legs hurt a bit, got a blister on my foot, realized that some areas I cycle through no problems are a bit dodgy on foot.
To boot, now I feel envious of the Christmas rides posters!
On the bright side, this Christmas calories out have balanced the calories in ^_^
Some pics:
IMG_20181225_115943352.jpg IMG_20181225_121636652.jpg IMG_20181225_122220852.jpg
A foggy Rutherglen at midday on Christmas.
The potholed pavement in the last picture is part of NCN 756.
IMG_20181225_123218398.jpg
Pedestrian/cyclist bridge over the Clyde.
IMG_20181225_130615177.jpg IMG_20181225_130755142.jpg Scenes from the East End of Glasgow :whistle:
IMG_20181225_124729011.jpg IMG_20181225_125937069.jpg
The Emirates arena, home of Sir Chris Hoy's velodrome, next to Celtic park.
Just a few yards further, a deserted Forge shopping centre.
IMG_20181225_205410603.jpg Same pedestrian bridge as earlier on, now all lit for ... police officers??? There are no residential houses nearby, only a police headquarters and an industrial estate!

Finally, the cake I made for Christmas dinner, a white chocolate, mascarpone, coffee and liqueur Bombe :hungry:
IMG_20181225_134310009.jpg

Edited to add:
I had a "mechanical" too: a strap of my rucksack broke half way to home.
I wished for a repair kit of some sort lol!

Last edited:
Top Bottom