One bike to rule them all, one bike to find them, one bike to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuyBoden

Guru
"In the Land of Cycling where the Shadows lie. One bike to rule them all, One bike to find them, One bike to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them, In the Land of cycling where the Shadows lie." adapted from J.R Tolkien

If you could only have one bike for every type of cycling, what bike would that be?

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I've only got the one bike and it serves every purpose I can think of. Apart from lightweight racer. 14kg on its own.
My Spa Wayfarer.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
"In the Land of Cycling where the Shadows lie. One bike to rule them all, One bike to find them, One bike to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them, In the Land of cycling where the Shadows lie." adapted from J.R Tolkien

If you could only have one bike for every type of cycling, what bike would that be?
I'm thinking something like a carbon Specialized Diverge for me. Would cover most things including some light trails.

I own such a bike .......

....and a few others because I don't use it in the wet !

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
It gets you thinking, doesn't it? As I have a wide variety of cycling available to me here, I have several bicycles, because my MTB would be poor at touring, my 26" tourer is too tall for MTB, my touring bikes are not as fast as my racing bicycles, and my recumbent tricycle is not much off-road.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
The Orbit tandem with Mrs Cisamcgu on the back, aiming south with 6 months spending money ....

This:

2019_02_23_02.JPG

Enough capacity to be a cargo bike for shopping, solid enough for up to two smallish children, short enough for trains, most of the time, light enough for touring and commuting. I have a massive cargo bike and a passably lightweight tour/commuting bike, but only because I'd wear this one into the ground if I used it exclusively.

Top Bottom