One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kevberlin

No thanks, bloody awful cars. my first company car back in 1985 was a Metro City and my girlfriend had an MG Metro, both cars were complete shite.

My best mate, trying to be the sensible father of two young children, bought one in 1983 and proudly took me out for a beer. On returning to his brand new car, we saw oil on the floor. Car was sold within weeks and he bought what he really wanted, namely a Mk1 Golf Gti. He put 130k on that beauty without any problems.

Badger_Boom

Über Member
No thanks, bloody awful cars. my first company car back in 1985 was a Metro City and my girlfriend had an MG Metro, both cars were complete shite.

Mrs BB had a Rover Metro 14 SLi in the early 90s. It was reasonably well appointed and I don't remember it ever breaking down. It didn't survive long enough to see if it would rust away because it was wrecked in a collision with a Jeep Wrangler driven by a hungover solicitor. She walked away unharmed so it must have been fairly robust.

Monday 29th

Seen at my GPs surgery this morning

IMG_8987.jpeg

Plus!!!
Daughter b/f collects a Mustang on Friday, to replace his BuMW (140)
It’s a V8/manual, in blue :okay:
(not a new one, think he told me a 2019 model)

Hardly a classic.
There’s not really any other category in this part of the site

Your Sister in Law has a tasteless pastiche eh?
Uuurgh. A tasteless pastiche. My SiL also has one.
That reminds me of one of Stuart Maconies books, where he reminisces about working for the NME, & dictating his article over the telephone
He stated that some band, was a ”Corny Pastiche Of….”

The person writing it down was misunderstanding, so.....
”No!!, not Cornish Pasty!”

Last edited:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
That reminds me of one of Stuart Maconies books, where he reminisces about working for the NME, & dictating his article over the telephone
He stated that some band, was a ”Corny Pastiche Of….”

The person writing it down was misunderstanding
”No!!, not Cornish Pasty!”

In a similar vein Scott Adams, creator of Dilbert recounted training materials for salesmen which was supposed to say "don't sell past the close" (meaning once you have made a deal, shut tf up in case you then blow it). The secretary typing it up had mis-heard, and being unfamiliar with the salesman's notion of "the close" wrote "Don't sell plastic clothes" as she'd assumed the point was not to try and sell ridiculous products. Apparently they left it in the pack as it was a good talking point

Top Bottom