One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
God, for a heartbeat I thought that was my old Rover. Mine was identical colour and roof, but mine was not the S so had the auto box and different wheel covers. But otherwise, absolutely spot on. The colour is Rover Almond. Mine was DTB937J, and I think is still on the road.

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
God, for a heartbeat I thought that was my old Rover. Mine was identical colour and roof, but mine was not the S so had the auto box and different wheel covers. But otherwise, absolutely spot on. The colour is Rover Almond. Mine was DTB937J, and I think is still on the road.

It is, although apparently now white
Screenshot_20190807-203652.png

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Almond, wow someone got paid to come up with that :laugh:. Good knowledge on the Rover roof @mistyoptic

And I saw another two British classics today. This first one I didn't see the owner, but for some reason this car conjures up images of sovereign rings, unbuttoned shirts, eye watering aftershave and the strong smell of tobacco. Lock up your daughters, would you trust a man driving a Triumph Stag?^_^
oL3c3xK.jpg

M7YIJqa.jpg

And passing through north London today, at the famous Abbey Rd studio I came across the 50th anniversary of the taking of this famous photo.
VYOkH7K.jpg

And there was a special guest there, now a museum piece and arguably one of the most famous and instantly recognisable cars in the world, John Lennon's Rolls Royce Phantom V.https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...tory-of-the-psychedelic-beatle-mobile-253088/
R6sULQY.jpg

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Almond, wow someone got paid to come up with that :laugh:. Good knowledge on the Rover roof @mistyoptic

And I saw another two British classics today. This first one I didn't see the owner, but for some reason this car conjures up images of sovereign rings, unbuttoned shirts, eye watering aftershave and the strong smell of tobacco. Lock up your daughters, would you trust a man driving a Triumph Stag?^_^
View attachment 479181
View attachment 479182
And passing through north London today, at the famous Abbey Rd studio I came across the 50th anniversary of the taking of this famous photo.
View attachment 479183
And there was a special guest there, now a museum piece and arguably one of the most famous and instantly recognisable cars in the world, John Lennon's Rolls Royce Phantom V.https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...tory-of-the-psychedelic-beatle-mobile-253088/
View attachment 479184
Ah the Triumph Stag, possibly the most unreliable V8 ever built, You were lucky to get to the end of the road before they overheated and blew the head gasket. There was a whole industry devoted to engine swaps, from Ford V6s to Rover and Chevy V8s.

D

Deleted member 26715

Ah the Triumph Stag, possibly the most unreliable V8 ever built
Actually no, the engine was sound it was the cooling system that was inadequate, done properly they are reliable.

I parked up next an MG T Type at my local co-op this evening. An extremely rare occurance in north of England. There were loads when I lived near Woodstock in Oxfordshire ( and Bristols, Jensens, Lotus Europas, etc).
Nothing defines the north-south divide more than hobby cars.

Drago

Legendary Member
This took me back:

View attachment 479250

Had the Storm version. Went like the proverbial. Loved it, but I didn't have it very long...the engine seized up. In truth I probably hadn't looked after it as well as I might have...

*sigh*

The 1.8 engine had an bizarre oil pressure issue. Under hard motoring too much would get pumped up top, depriving the bottom end. Enough hard use and they went kerblammo!

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I parked up next an MG T Type at my local co-op this evening. An extremely rare occurance in north of England. There were loads when I lived near Woodstock in Oxfordshire ( and Bristols, Jensens, Lotus Europas, etc).
Nothing defines the north-south divide more than hobby cars.
That's yer actual Woodstock though - exerts a strange gravitational pull on them. I was almost run off the road by a fleet/squadron/toad of Blower Bentleys the other day.

Top Bottom