One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Aye, when I was in my teens I once saw a beetle parked up with a Porschewagen badge. Me and my spotty mates were eying it up when the owner returned, and he was happy to show is the early 912E motor in there.

I'm not sure I'd like to drive that in anything other than a straight line.

D

Deleted member 26715

Came across this pair yesterday, yellow one had been there a few days but the white one was new

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Riding a Sunday 200 south of Manchester, my companion pointed out the kinds of cars in evidence on the roads around Alderley Edge and surrounding area. A smattering of Lamborghinis, Ferraris, and Maseratis in amongst the more prosaic 4x4 Porsches and BMWs. It was all a bit weird.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Riding a Sunday 200 south of Manchester, my companion pointed out the kinds of cars in evidence on the roads around Alderley Edge and surrounding area. A smattering of Lamborghinis, Ferraris, and Maseratis in amongst the more prosaic 4x4 Porsches and BMWs. It was all a bit weird.
Premiership footballers' territory, among others.

D

Deleted member 26715

None of them classics though I suspect, just run of the mill modern tat, not jealous at all, often wondered if I had the money to spare to buy a Lamborghinis, Ferraris, and Maseratis et al, whether I would or not.

Gunk

Guru
Not that modern, now 30+ years old, there’s a big market for emerging classics just check out the prices of clean Mk 2 Golf GTI’s and E30 BMW’s

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I used to have a Reliant Scimitar 3.0 V6 Essex engine. Straight through pipes and sounded delicious. I uprated the cam and had the heads fettled over by an engine builder. Still not amazingly fast but you got from A to B Louder :becool: Unfortunately i had an imbecile go into the side of it coming out of a supermarket and because it is fibreglass, it crumpled like a cheap suit... I had some work done but i sold it on... I sadly lost all but one of the pictures as i had a Hard drive corruption and i didn't have them backed up. Still, memories are good...

Not really 'classics', more of a 'You Don't See Those Every Day'..

This morning, whilst nipping to a friends house after a visit to my barbers (1 )
This was on Potovens Lane, at Lofthouse Gate
I think the screen-bag for 'No VED'

View: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10219909232033467&set=a.10218443563192662&type=3&theater

And, this is the other, when I was going to meet daughter & her b/f, after he'd taken a hire-car back
I see this regularly, but rarely when in a position to stop

Circa 17:15
Leeds Road
Glasshoughton
(near the big ASDA Superstore)

View: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10219910805512803&set=a.10218443563192662&type=3&theater

1. Her husband had a couple of interesting vehicles, including the one undergoing restoration/renovation
This is one of his fleet, which tends to draw attention from the '40-50 something' Officers

View: https://twitter.com/WYPDogs/status/489499211659243520?s=20

The newly acquired (well, about 6 months) was manufactured in 1969, in America, & will be painted in a colour by the name of 'Hugger Orange'....
I'm promised a good look at it, when completed:okay:

Last edited:
Top Bottom