One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Wow comrade, that’s a survivor 😮
Thanks, it has a few scuffs but with only 63k miles on the clock it’s definitely a keeper. I have a hatchback waiting in the drive as well with the same mileage but body is a bit tatty, still worth saving though
CA129537-CFDA-419F-A638-D37D85B7F400.jpeg

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Back out today doing Dad Taxi for my little darlings so I took a few more snaps around Rivington

3001A8B9-4681-4AAE-87BC-8938B987F644.jpeg

B305713F-94E6-4C0C-AD06-DD5E75437001.jpeg

Salar

A fish out of water
I hired one of those many years ago when holidaying in Greece.

There was a hole in the drivers side floor where I could watch the road go by underneath.

Also the handbrake and brakes in general were useless, which I found out at the top of a gravel mountain track.

Fun and Games. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 26715

I hired one of those many years ago when holidaying in Greece.
Yeah I've never understood why anyone would want to buy a bike with such fat tyres, must take hell of a effort to overcome the rolling resistance

MarkF

Guru
Ooooo, a Fiat Topolino!

I think it's a Seat 600, these cars are still all over the Spanish interior today, in the 1960's to early 1970's these were about the only affordable car for an average family because under Franco imports were too expensive. Made in Spain under licence from Fiat, they were known as "Ombligos"(Bellybuttons), everybody has one.:okay:

figbat

Slippery scientist
I think it's a Seat 600, these cars are still all over the Spanish interior today, in the 1960's to early 1970's these were about the only affordable car for an average family because under Franco imports were too expensive. Made in Spain under licence from Fiat, they were known as "Ombligos"(Bellybuttons), everybody has one.:okay:
Pretty sure it’s a Fiat 600, judging by the front ‘badge’ and decoration.

figbat

Slippery scientist
talk about obstinate! regardless of what a clueless person on facebook and yourself think its a SEAT not a FIAT :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I respectfully disagree. The "clueless person on facebook" is the car's owner. The badge assembly on the front is that of the Fiat, not the Seat. I'll concede that it is possible that it is a Seat with a Fiat badge/bonnet, but I will assert my belief that it appears to be a Fiat 600 and the owner of the car appears to agree with me.

Obstinate? I prefer pedantic, but that's semantics.

D

Deleted member 26715

I will assert my belief that it appears to be a Fiat 600 and the owner of the car appears to agree with me.
Just because the owners thinks it's a Fiat doesn't mean it is :laugh::laugh: sometimes they are clueless, I personally don't know or for that matter really care.

MarkF

Guru
The badge assembly on the yellow car is the very same as the one on the white car, which is a SEAT. The yellow car could be a FIat, but like I said, the buyer would have to ignore many examples of essentially the same car made in Spain and import a Fiat from Italy, highly unlikely and proper crackers. I've criss-crossed Spain and seen umpteen 600's, 100% of them have been made in Spain SEAT's, unsurprisnigly. However, if you showed a non-spaniard, one they'd think "FIAT" I suppose.

Top Bottom