One for the RLJers amongst us!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beany_bot

Veteran
I just find it staggering the amount of people on here that seem to think that if your not a fan of a particular law then you should just ignore it. ^_^
Actually surprised this topic hasn't been shut by mods as it contains blatant encouragement and admission of criminality.

icowden

Veteran
Personally, I'm with Beany.

But then I get upset with people who can't stop their front wheel inside the cycle box.
One of my favourite things on the other hand is when the cycle police are hanging out near blackfriars and give out tickets to RLJers.

Best one was when I was waiting at Blackfriars and a cyclist toddled off on Red. I called after "It's RED - you'll kill yourself". Passed same cyclist 5 minutes further on being interviewed by the police, "yes madam, but you were told it was a red light - so loudly that we heard it from some distance behind you"...

Guess I have a big voice :-)

beany_bot

Veteran
Personally, I'm with Beany.

But then I get upset with people who can't stop their front wheel inside the cycle box.
One of my favourite things on the other hand is when the cycle police are hanging out near blackfriars and give out tickets to RLJers.

Best one was when I was waiting at Blackfriars and a cyclist toddled off on Red. I called after "It's RED - you'll kill yourself". Passed same cyclist 5 minutes further on being interviewed by the police, "yes madam, but you were told it was a red light - so loudly that we heard it from some distance behind you"...

Guess I have a big voice :-)
careful now, you will have some on here accuse you of road rage for pointing out to someone the colour of the light,

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I just find it staggering the amount of people on here that seem to think that if your not a fan of a particular law then you should just ignore it.

"Staggering". Really?

Two people on here have said that, in certain circumstances, they'll go through a red light.

Two, out of almost 43,000 members of this forum and you're staggered.
You must spend your travelling time in a state of perpetual outrage.

beany_bot

Veteran
"Staggering". Really?

Two people on here have said that, in certain circumstances, they'll go through a red light.

Two, out of almost 43,000 members of this forum and you're staggered.
You must spend your travelling time in a state of perpetual outrage.
I didn't realise all 43,000 members were on at the same time and have read this exact thread
And FYI, it's more than 2.

Stop trying to delve off into the extreme to justify your own faulted position.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Jeez. This has become one of "those" threads hasn't it.
Nearly. I only need one more square:
f5EzI9j.jpg

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Traffic lights are there to improve the flow of motorised traffic on busy roads. They are not there for safety or any other reason. Remove or reduce the motorised traffic and you can remove the lights.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Yesterday I was at a crossroad in Wallingford, it’s a four way light, that is because the road is so narrow each way goes in turn. I got to the lights just as they turned red, which meant about a five minute wait. There’s also the pedestrian crossing to wait for.

I got off my bike onto the foot path, walked around the corner got back on my bike and rode, saving me a few minutes waiting in the cold.

Did I jump the lights?

Yesterday I was at a crossroad in Wallingford, it’s a four way light, that is because the road is so narrow each way goes in turn. I got to the lights just as they turned red, which meant about a five minute wait. There’s also the pedestrian crossing to wait for.

I got off my bike onto the foot path, walked around the corner got back on my bike and rode, saving me a few minutes waiting in the cold.

Did I jump the lights?
IMHO, no.

boydj

Legendary Member

Did I jump the lights?

Did that regularly myself at one particular set of lights.

On the other hand I did respect the red lights on my commute. Why not? It's a good excuse to dig in to get back up to speed and make it a training effort.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Nothing to do with being sanctimonious.

And yes. yes you absolutely should follow the law! even if you don't think it's right!
That is the way of our country. We are a nation of laws.

If you don't agree with a law then petition to get it changed. Alas, meanwhile. Follow it!

When did you last break the law? Assuming you drive, I suspect it was the last time you got behind the wheel.

spiderman2

Über Member

Did I jump the lights?

Top Bottom