One hundred and twenty.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5244409, member: 10119"]If you have a view that you want to share, do so - and be prepared for people to agree or disagree as they see fit. Have the courage of your convictions. This kind of 'I'll actually say this thing whilst pretending not to by saying I can't say this thing' is passive agressive nonsense IMO.

Driving would be a nightmare job for me. Well, for all of you, if I did it. Never did learn, since I'm about as well co-ordinated at a baby Bambi and have the spatial awareness of a jellyfish... I made the decision long ago that the world was a better place without me at the wheel![/QUOTE]

Yes, of course.... Because airing your slightly non liberal views on CC always ends well, doesn't it? In case you hadn't noticed it inevitably involves heavily moderated posts and a thread lock. So I won't be wasting my time and energy in getting involved. Passive aggressive is as good as it gets.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Throw the third dart @Pat "5mph" :okay:

gaijintendo

Veteran
Yes, of course.... Because airing your slightly non liberal views on CC always ends well, doesn't it? In case you hadn't noticed it inevitably involves heavily moderated posts and a thread lock. So I won't be wasting my time and energy in getting involved. Passive aggressive is as good as it gets.
This might not be the thread for it, so is say your choice is totally valid, but politics had been ruined by the lack of debate and understanding.

I believe, in my liberal ways, that immigrants benefit this country greatly... But I appreciate some people think differently about this, but it is impossible to talk about these things in a civil tone, to understand how society works.

That's the reason you get surprised and disappointed by political events: you dintd understand the issues people actually face, or you discount them and their experience as beneath you.

You might be a terrible bigot, but I really don't get that impression, and I really don't want you to think the apparently liberal forum is baying for your blood.

Back on topic, there are some good and bad private taxi drivers, but unfortunately they all drive white Skodas out here, so you can't tell the difference.

Black Cabs have a nasty habit of putting out there steps near me, which makes me think they are horrible vindictive people... But then again I know a couple and they are salt of the earth types.

Long story short: I have nothing to contribute to this thread

Last edited:

Adam4868

Guru
How many 'anti-taxi' drivers still use them ? I don't buy into the there all bad drivers/rude/ignorant.Just like the anti-cyclist rants its stereotyping.When cycling I don't really notice any real difference from Taxi,Lorry,Post office,White Van,Business man on phone...Taxi drivers have a job to do,same as everyone.

classic33

Leg End Member
It doesn't count if you live there and only commute to freedom...
You'll never take his freedom!!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I used to drive a lot at one time on business. I was really a sort of “ Del Boy” if anyone can remember that series but we also were fairly major wool knitwear manufacturers and I sourced supplies of yarn from all corners of the uk. It was an interesting life and I really quite enjoyed my driving then for longish distances. Now retired from that I feel that lorries have got much wider than they used to be. Mebbe one of our drivers can enlighten me on this.

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Let's hope @Pat "5mph" has a better day today
Thank you @biggs682, I had a lovely day: was off work, spent most of it riding my bike.

Yeahbut, could you please go be passive aggressive on another thread, as this one is meant to be lighthearted banter aboout stereotyping taxi drivers?
They can take our lives, but not our freedooommm :cycle:
Also, have I ever told you the story when I served lunch to 500 BT white van men? :laugh:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Yeahbut, could you please go be passive aggressive on another thread, as this one is meant to be lighthearted banter aboout stereotyping taxi drivers?
Yeahbut, this is CC and don't you know that you're not allowed to have lighthearted banter and stereotyping of ANY group of people? I am an ex taxi driver and I am exercising my CC right to be offended when it suits :okay:.

I use taxis reasonably frequently, and I have to say that the drivers from the two companies I normally call on pretty much always seem fairly sympathetic towards cyclists. I think it probably helps that we tend to be fairly united in our frustration (albeit arising from different causes) with the out-of-town Uber drivers...

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Yeahbut, this is CC and don't you know that you're not allowed to have lighthearted banter and stereotyping of ANY group of people? I am an ex taxi driver and I am exercising my CC right to be offended when it suits :okay:.
Ah, the good times when we got beeped off the road to Rutherglen ... I think it was a Taxi Driver :whistle: :laugh:
Ex taxi drivers don't count, you're on a cycling forum now, went to the dark side ^_^
Anyway, back on track, the meeting was about illustrating the road closures in Glasgow for the cycling events in August, there will be a road race and a time trial.

classic33

Leg End Member
Ah, the good times when we got beeped off the road to Rutherglen ... I think it was a Taxi Driver :whistle: :laugh:
Ex taxi drivers don't count, you're on a cycling forum now, went to the dark side ^_^
Anyway, back on track, the meeting was about illustrating the road closures in Glasgow for the cycling events in August, there will be a road race and a time trial.
You'll be taking part?

Top Bottom