One hundred and twenty.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I think it's only closed for the one day...:whistle:
You're taking a chance there.

One hundred and twenty. Black Taxi Drivers. One bacon tattie scone roll each, cuppa a'na danish.
I was feeling the fear.
Can I have a bit more bacon, hen? Maybe, how do you feel about squashing cyclists??
I am surrounded! Be gone, Satan, enemy of my kind!!
I want to gatecrash that meeting, I want to speak for all of us, I want to make a magnificent cycling activist's speech, I want them to know I'm not just a tea lady, I'm the one you beeped at because she took primary.
I can't do any of that because I'll get sacked :laugh:
Can you explain? I don't have a clue what this means.

winjim

Smash the cistern
How many 'anti-taxi' drivers still use them ? I don't buy into the there all bad drivers/rude/ignorant.Just like the anti-cyclist rants its stereotyping.When cycling I don't really notice any real difference from Taxi,Lorry,Post office,White Van,Business man on phone...Taxi drivers have a job to do,same as everyone.
I never use taxis if I can help it. It's always a horrible experience. I want to be able to get in, tell them where I want to go, have them take me there safely, and pay them for the journey. But it never works that way.

They always have to ask me for directions. Always. If I'm in a taxi I'm either tired, drunk, unfamiliar with the area, or all three. I'm in no mood to give directions. Isn't it their job to know where they are going?

This happens every single time. It's not a stereotype or an exaggeration, it's my personal experience.

There's also dangerous driving, rudeness, me having to shout them to stop when we've reached the destination, huffing when I dare to pay with paper money and generally poor customer service.

Every single taxi driver I ever use is bad at their job. Many of them are dangerous drivers. Some of them are simply rude. A pox on them all.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I never use taxis if I can help it. It's always a horrible experience. I want to be able to get in, tell them where I want to go, have them take me there safely, and pay them for the journey. But it never works that way.

They always have to ask me for directions. Always. If I'm in a taxi I'm either tired, drunk, unfamiliar with the area, or all three. I'm in no mood to give directions. Isn't it their job to know where they are going?

This happens every single time. It's not a stereotype or an exaggeration, it's my personal experience.

There's also dangerous driving, rudeness, me having to shout them to stop when we've reached the destination, huffing when I dare to pay with paper money and generally poor customer service.

Every single taxi driver I ever use is bad at their job. Many of them are dangerous drivers. Some of them are simply rude. A pox on them all.

1991, about 2.30am outside Jackie O's. I was the driver of the Sierra taxi, you were the drunk who staggered into the back.

"Where to?" says I

"Hame" says you.

"Where's that then?"

"Shut the f up and take me hame you c" says you before falling sideways on the back seat, puking and passing out.

It was you wasn't it? ^_^

winjim

Smash the cistern
1991, about 2.30am outside Jackie O's. I was the driver of the Sierra taxi, you were the drunk who staggered into the back.

"Where to?" says I

"Hame" says you.

"Where's that then?"

"Shut the f up and take me hame you c" says you before falling sideways on the back seat, puking and passing out.

It was you wasn't it? ^_^
If you'd dated that about six or seven years later then quite possibly yes.

Adam4868

Guru

Yes right.......maybe your a pain the hole customer

winjim

Smash the cistern
Yes right.......maybe your a pain the hole customer
If expecting a taxi driver to know their way around the city they work in, to drive safely and to accept payment with grace makes me a pain the hole customer then I guess I'm a pain the hole customer.

Adam4868

Guru
It doesn't really warrant me explaining but here goes.I don't know what city/town your in,I also don't know if your talking Hackney/minicab but a lot of places have a strict "knowledge" requirement.London being the obvious example where you'd struggle to find a Black cab who doesn't know his way around.But easy enough to get in a minicab who hasn't a clue.Same where I'm from.Youve obviously had some bad experiences,but it's no big deal as you already said you don't really use taxis.Its not always about the customer though,as for me I treat people how they treat me.If someone is a bit arsey over something it's coming right back at em ! No excuse for abuse and all that.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Bear in mind It's not uncommon for drivers to do 18hr split shifts for days, weeks on end trying to scratch a living. Add in stuff like sitting on a rank for 2 hours before you get to the front and your hire wants to go around the corner. £2 then back to queuing on the rank. No wonder they're grumpy

winjim

Smash the cistern
It doesn't really warrant me explaining but here goes.I don't know what city/town your in,I also don't know if your talking Hackney/minicab but a lot of places have a strict "knowledge" requirement.London being the obvious example where you'd struggle to find a Black cab who doesn't know his way around.But easy enough to get in a minicab who hasn't a clue.Same where I'm from.Youve obviously had some bad experiences,but it's no big deal as you already said you don't really use taxis.Its not always about the customer though,as for me I treat people how they treat me.If someone is a bit arsey over something it's coming right back at em ! No excuse for abuse and all that.
It's a bit of a circular argument to say it's no big deal because I don't use them. You asked how many 'anti-taxi' drivers still used them and I held my hand up as someone who didn't, partly because they're so awful.

When it comes to the 'knowledge' they simply don't have it. I end up telling them the district I live in and then navigating them turn by turn to my house. I don't know how they deal with folk who can't give them directions.

As for it being about the customer, I just want the journey and transaction to be smooth, with a minimum of fuss. If, having had to direct the driver and holler at him to stop, I proffer paper money instead of change, and apologise for it too, I don't expect the driver to start huffing and puffing, and wordlessly make a point of labouring to the boot to get his float. That's passive aggressive BS which I, as a polite paying customer don't deserve.

Top Bottom