One hundred and twenty.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
It's a bit of a circular argument to say it's no big deal because I don't use them. You asked how many 'anti-taxi' drivers still used them and I held my hand up as someone who didn't, partly because they're so awful.

When it comes to the 'knowledge' they simply don't have it. I end up telling them the district I live in and then navigating them turn by turn to my house. I don't know how they deal with folk who can't give them directions.

As for it being about the customer, I just want the journey and transaction to be smooth, with a minimum of fuss. If, having had to direct the driver and holler at him to stop, I proffer paper money instead of change, and apologise for it too, I don't expect the driver to start huffing and puffing, and wordlessly make a point of labouring to the boot to get his float. That's passive aggressive BS which I, as a polite paying customer don't deserve.
Get on to your local licensing authority then and tell them.How you going to route out bad drivers otherwise ? Ask them why there knowledge isn't up to scratch.I was more making a point of you've had a poor service of a driver,it doesn't make "all" of them the same.On a side note I'm surprised the drivers you've had in the past didn't have a sat nav ?

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Can you explain? I don't have a clue what this means.
"Feeling the fear" is a Scottish expression meaning, as @gaijintendo said, "feeling bad vibes, being filled with dread".

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
You tend to wake with "the fear" after a night drinking - partly worrying about what you may have did or said and to whom, partly that feeling just before you move when you wonder if your head will explode.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Get on to your local licensing authority then and tell them.How you going to route out bad drivers otherwise ? Ask them why there knowledge isn't up to scratch.I was more making a point of you've had a poor service of a driver,it doesn't make "all" of them the same.On a side note I'm surprised the drivers you've had in the past didn't have a sat nav ?
You're perfectly right of course, and there are a few times when I wish I'd made a note of the driver's number so I could report them. As for 'all' drivers, it's probably not all, and indeed there are some very nice drivers we use at work for transporting samples, but it is every taxi I personally have used to get me home in the last ten years or so. That's not an exaggeration.

They probably do have sat nav but they tend not to use it and it's hardly a substitute for the knowledge anyway.

Adam4868

Guru
You're perfectly right of course, and there are a few times when I wish I'd made a note of the driver's number so I could report them. As for 'all' drivers, it's probably not all, and indeed there are some very nice drivers we use at work for transporting samples, but it is every taxi I personally have used to get me home in the last ten years or so. That's not an exaggeration.

They probably do have sat nav but they tend not to use it and it's hardly a substitute for the knowledge anyway.
We at least agree that sat navs are no substitute for knowledge !

Top Bottom