One Premier League Footballer's "EARNINGS".......an amazing statistic.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I say "earnings" as against wages for good reason.
Now I am all for the worlds best at anything...........tennis/composing/song writing/cycling etc. being well rewarded but..........
I was just reading about one premier league player. No where near the highest paid at ONLY £68K per week but but but...............
He gets an additional L/S for each goal (depending on how many per game)............PLUS £31K for each assist.
So............
In a recent game he scored two goals and had one assist. This meant for that one game he earned
£68K.........wages
£85K..........for 2 goals
£31K..........for one assist
Total...........£116K

There are some players out there earning "wages" of nearly £500K per week. I have no idea how much they must get for goals & assists but I find it almost beyond belief. I enjoy watching football but surely there has to come a time when it simply implodes.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
If you got paid for being awesome, I would be richer than all the premier league footballers

colly

Re member eR
It's bonkers money and I can not comprehend what it would be like to be that wealthy but it doesn't bother me though. I would take that if offered.

Many performers, song writers, etc make similar amounts although it's not regular wages. I heard Ed Sheeran is worth something like £55 million.
People pay to watch and listen. In his case a lot of people.

TVC

Premier league grounds sell out at the prices they set, sufficient people buy tv sports bundles for Sky to pay the clubs what they do. Until Joe Bloggs on the terrace works out that they are getting rubbish value for money then the gold plated gravy train will keep running.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
1. If you could employ someone for £50m a year who could earn you £60m a year, would you do it? Many would.

2. If someone would pay you £50m for doing something you can do really well, would you do it? Many would.

This should answer this for you.
Sorry..............answer what?

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
It's bonkers money and I can not comprehend what it would be like to be that wealthy but it doesn't bother me though. I would take that if offered.
Could not agree more...........If some one offered me £150K per week to be a, a, a, erh........anything, I would also take it. I don't blame the players. I'm just wondering if/when its going to implode.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I find it a little difficult to get excited about this, yes it's an incredible amount of money, but if 60,000 people a week plus several million more around the world wanted to watch me design a kitchen or load tiles into the back of someones car I'd probably charge a bit more than I currently do.

Why they don't retire after a few months is beyond me.
I've thought this too about people making really serious amounts of cash and I've come to the conclusion that me thinking like this is why I don't make really serious amounts of cash.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I say "earnings" as against wages for good reason.
Now I am all for the worlds best at anything...........tennis/composing/song writing/cycling etc. being well rewarded but..........
I was just reading about one premier league player. No where near the highest paid at ONLY £68K per week but but but...............
He gets an additional L/S for each goal (depending on how many per game)............PLUS £31K for each assist.
So............
In a recent game he scored two goals and had one assist. This meant for that one game he earned
£68K.........wages
£85K..........for 2 goals
£31K..........for one assist
Total...........£116K

There are some players out there earning "wages" of nearly £500K per week. I have no idea how much they must get for goals & assists but I find it almost beyond belief. I enjoy watching football but surely there has to come a time when it simply implodes.

You forgot about the image rights and sponsorship money - that can easily dwarf their wages and bonuses.

However, whilst people are willing to pay for it, they can keep charging what they want.

Brandane

Legendary Member
So............
I find it quite strange that a club pays bonuses for goals and even for assists. Would that not tend to encourage greedy players going for goal when they might be better to pass the ball? The fact that I don't see this type of greedy play happening very often makes me wonder if perhaps there is something in the small print along the lines of.... "If you try and score a goal from an impossible situation then you will be on minimum wage for that particular game". Penalties too; why aren't there more bust-ups over who takes them?

Top Bottom