One Premier League Footballer's "EARNINGS".......an amazing statistic.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I find it quite strange that a club pays bonuses for goals and even for assists. Would that not tend to encourage greedy players going for goal when they might be better to pass the ball? The fact that I don't see this type of greedy play happening very often makes me wonder if perhaps there is something in the small print along the lines of.... "If you try and score a goal from an impossible situation then you will be on minimum wage for that particular game". Penalties too; why aren't there more bust-ups over who takes them?
Defenders and goal keepers get similar bonuses for clean sheets.
And win bonuses are paid out for the whole team, it is a team sport at the end of the day.

And this from someone in London.....................?
I know. The capital of awesome.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
1. If you could employ someone for £50m a year who could earn you £60m a year, would you do it? Many would.

2. If someone would pay you £50m for doing something you can do really well, would you do it? Many would.

This should answer this for you.

I have zero interest in football, and, zero knowledge of football.

However, many years ago (in the days when Alan Shearer played for Newcastle United), in the pub with several of my Brothers-in-law (all avid football fans), there was discussion on the (then) obscene amount he was paid. Bored with not being able to contribute, in a football way, I presented exactly that argument, ie, if he attracted enough (paying) spectators, sponsorship etc etc, then, there was a business case for paying that amount, whatever it may be.

I have not been invited to any football related pub sessions since ;)

Top Bottom