Onone merino jerseys- any experience?

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by Rockus, 1 May 2010.

1. Rockus

Rockus Senior Member

Hi

Quite fancy another merino jersey, currently have an icebreaker merino body fit baselayer and i love it to bits. ;):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Has any one got this onone jersey? the price is extremely tempting but somehow its also making me hesitate...funny that. Are these any good? and how does the sizing work, pretty confusing one the website.

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CLOOMER/on-one-100-percent-merino-wool-ls-top

Thanks

2. jay clock

jay clock Massive member

If that link is still live, they do still have them (the OP was from May). This jersey (not used for cycling by me!) is absolutely my fave bit of clothing, and 27.50 for 100% merino is a massive bargain

3. threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty Corn Fed Hick...

I've got one of these. Sizing is about right. And, as above, it's a steal for merino.

4. jay clock

jay clock Massive member

Have just ordered a green one. Not certain I will like the colour but who knows. The black looks very classy. Far too good to cycle in

5. Piemaster

Piemaster Guru

I've got one of each colour. Really like them and do actually wear them on the bike sometimes too ;)
    Wind goes straight through them so usually wear them as a base layer.

6. Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang Guru

Not sure about the On-One jersey, but I had an Endura merino jersey. It looked great, but I found it a little itchy. What's more, if you put something heavyish in the back pocket, it would bulge down ridiculously. So I'm not sure about them. However, at that price Lust_by_Zikes.gif

7. RedBike

RedBike New Member

O/T I think Aldi has Merino jumpers in on Thursday. I seem to remember they wern't 100% Merino but they were only about 1/2 the price.

8. threebikesmcginty

I super sensitive to the itchyness of wool but merino is fine with me although I've only tried On One and Shutt so far.
    Careful how you wash the On One though my green and white one is now green and very light green.

9. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

I had one of those blue Endura merino jerseys: lovely it was too, but it didn't like being washed at 40c. It fits the g-f now!

10. adscrim

adscrim Veteran

The Aldi jerseys are 30% Merino.

11. threebikesmcginty

Testing black's slimming qualities to the very max!? ;)

12. jay clock

jay clock Massive member

the dark green arrived and it looks better than on the screen. Darker

13. RedBike

RedBike New Member

I've just got the Aldi Jersey and the On one is on order.
    I will report back on both in a few weeks time.

14. craigwend

craigwend Grimpeur des Holderness

On-one the finishing on the stiching is a bit cheap - however it's very soft so you don't notice it at all. I hand wahsed it the first few times - lots of dye came out, now just put it on a low wash - very good base layer indeed, very soft wool no itching compared to two of my other (brooks & some walking shop?) tis a base layer so very tight but comfy. Full zip and 3 button pockets at the back, I really like it

Just got an aldi one look fine, little bit tichy, though hopefully better after washing, though only 30% merino, quarter zip and gripper at the bottom!

15. RedBike

RedBike New Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice