Oohhh sh*t!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
badkitty said:
Yep Fellas. She did his hair!

er, that is right, isn't it Snapper? :biggrin:

I wouldn't know what to do with one babes. :biggrin: :sad:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Way back, someone suggested sticky coverup labels... We had to do something like that in my old job. We had two editions of a pamplet, one for businesses, one for general public. At least two people proof read the business one, but the general public one was written and proofed by the boss, at the last minute, him reckoning that was enough.

So, in a batch of 1000s of printed leaflets, in a column of interesting cycling facts, one of the facts read something like "On the energy from a gallon of petrol, a cyclist could travel to the moon and back. Check this fact, I'm not sure and just filling space anyway."

If you are going to make marginal type notes, ALWAYS make them very obvious in bold or something.....

Mind you, I proof read now, and even after both I and the Editor have read something, there's still the odd mistake gets by. Last issue had a photo captioned with "insert photo caption here"

snapper_37 said:
Well, I gave him a blow job, naturally. :sad:
Brushed the dust and cobwebs off the old instruction manual then? :sad:

Here, have a great big bukkit of G&T. :smile:

gin_tonic.jpg

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Chuffy said:
Brushed the dust and cobwebs off the old instruction manual then? :biggrin:

Here, have a great big bukkit of G&T. B)

gin_tonic.jpg

Yuk don't like it ..... and I mean the G & T.

There was something encrusted on the manual, but I'm not sure what.

I needed it last time ... in around 1989!!! :laugh:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
snapper_37 said:
Yuk don't like it ..... and I mean the G & T.
G & T :biggrin: I can't think of many things that taste worse...:laugh:

Glad your work woes are sorted out and you're not having to re-train as a hair stylist. Not as bad, but one of my friends once sent out 250 invites to a work AGM and put her home (ex-directory) phone number on the invite for RSVPs.

Mr Pig

Thank you, funny stuff :0)

I work in printing and honestly, these things happen all the time. What's more the customer usually tries to do everything possible to get out of paying for it. Even if they muck up they usually say that we are responsible because we should have spotted it!

If that's the only mistake you've made in twenty years then hats off to you girl, not many folk could say that. Although they'll be taking the piss out of you about it for years! ;0)

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Mr Pig said:
Thank you, funny stuff :0)

I work in printing and honestly, these things happen all the time. What's more the customer usually tries to do everything possible to get out of paying for it. Even if they muck up they usually say that we are responsible because we should have spotted it!

If that's the only mistake you've made in twenty years then hats off to you girl, not many folk could say that. Although they'll be taking the piss out of you about it for years! ;0)

Mr Pig, I've made other mistakes, don't get me wrong. This was the only one that could have cost the company a lot, that's all.

Fancy a run around the lairage later??? :laugh:

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Baggy said:
G & T :biggrin: I can't think of many things that taste worse...:laugh:

Glad your work woes are sorted out and you're not having to re-train as a hair stylist. Not as bad, but one of my friends once sent out 250 invites to a work AGM and put her home (ex-directory) phone number on the invite for RSVPs.

Thanks Baggy.

Bless you about the hairstylist ...... B)

Mr Pig

snapper_37 said:
Fancy a run around the lairage later??? ;)

Sure. What's a lairage? :0)

We usually take the established approach to f*** ups. If it's possible to do so, hide it! Own up only as a last resort.

If we can fix it without the boss knowing then good. It's not costing the company any more than it would if we tell him and it saves a lot of grief. Sometimes things happen which aren't so easy to hide, like dropping a brand new printing machine off a forklift (interesting day that) but it's surprising how roomy it is under the carpet.

Top Bottom