Oops! I had a slip...

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by magnatom, 30 Apr 2010.

1. magnatom

magnatom Guest

....of the credit card this morning! :wacko:

I kinda spotted a helmet camera set up on ebay this morning for a good price (this one). I think downfader has the same set up. It is coming with an extra flash card and two extra lenses, so not bad for £380, I think.

I just need to sell my turbo trainer and current helmet camera set up now to help cover the cost!! (Please look in classified and buy them, or my wife will kill me!!!!!:bravo:)

2. redjedi

redjedi Über Member

But if we wait until your wife has killed you, they would be even cheaper. Might even get a good deal on a brand new camera system which has never been used :bravo::wacko:

3. 4F

4F Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby

Like your style, which camera were you after ?

4. esrite

esrite Senior Member

will the foootage be avaiable on youtube?

5. OP
    OP
    magnatom

magnatom Guest

It'll be in the cert 18 section of youtube! :ohmy:xx(

6. Simba

Simba Specialized Allez 24 Rider

I would never pay that much for a camera, I can be a bit of a cheapskate though.

7. Mags-is-gonna-get-battered, Mags-is-gonna-get-battered! :biggrin:

S'alright, Mrs B'd do the same If I transgressed like this! :laugh:

8. OP
    OP
    magnatom

magnatom Guest

I had been considering the Contour HD. However, I wasn't entirely impressed with it's night time recording (light sensitivity). I have the HQ1 and the HQ2 camera is better at night, so Iknow what I am getting. It also records at a good resolution, and equally important, at a good bit rate in MPEG 2, so compression isn't as bad, as on some other cameras. You always do, to some extent, get what you pay for.:laugh:

9. OP
    OP
    magnatom

magnatom Guest

To be fair, I've already told her and all she did was :laugh:. Top lass! :biggrin:

10. martynjc1977

martynjc1977 Guest

Looks like a nice set up you have for sale, if only i had the cash to splash:sad: how much you selling your turbo for?

11. OP
    OP
    magnatom

magnatom Guest

The turbo is here. £140 which includes postage. It is brand new and in the box. I never got around to using it! :laugh:

12. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

Nice one Mags! I bet you can't wait for that package to arrive in your hands.

13. martynjc1977

martynjc1977 Guest

Will have to see what i have left from my meager NHS salary next month lol. looks very nice tho.

14. OP
    OP
    magnatom

magnatom Guest

Indeedy.:laugh:

I did hum and haw about HD etc, but I really don't think I need it. Much more important is good light sensitivity, and a good bit rate. So this bit of kit does that job nicely. I'll be able to play with the different lenses as well. It'll have 103 deg 82 deg and 65 deg lenses. I suspect that the 103 deg lens will work best.

15. OP
    OP
    magnatom

magnatom Guest

Surely you have a credit card....:laugh:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice