Oops!.....that was an expensive 'off'.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If i had a 1200 quid coat i wouldn't wear it on a bike in case i fell off and ruined it,like this lad's done,but i suppose the lad is used to having expensive items bought for him,so he won't appreciate the cost and value of things. I bought myself a £150 merino wool, retro cycling jersey the other year. I've never worn it on a ride in case i fall off and damage it. I only wear it for going down the pub in and doing country walks.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
To be fair, hitting a patch of oil is something that could happen to any of us!

Not to the well trained and disciplined rider.

Repeat after me - "A change in colour indicates a change in grip." Old pilots, bold pilots, and all that.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
To be fair, hitting a patch of oil is something that could happen to any of us!

I watched an episode of one of those helicopter medics shows a few nights ago and there was an elderly cyclist who had crashed on a descent on The Way of the Roses at 30+ mph. He had hit an oil slick.
Going off topic,but i have to have a rant about an oil slick. A neighbour was messing with his motorbike on Monday,on the pavement between our flats. He must've dropped what looks like a gallon of filthy black oil on that pavement. He didn't attempt to clean it up,or even cover it with sand,or sawdust. Cars from yon MOT place across the road,which habitually park on that pavement must've driven over the slick as we now have oily black tyre marks on the pavement,as well as the oil slick!:cursing:

Seevio

Guru
Clothes are meant to be worn. 1200 quid on a coat is an alien concept to me but if I was in a position where it seemed like a value prospect, I would think nothing of cycling in it.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Coat brand is Moncler at a guess. Its a jacket , its supposed to be worn, personally , its not the value that bothers me, its the fact its brand new and wrecked that would grind my gears :laugh:

tony111

Veteran
I think the jacket is a French one. The factory is on the Cote De Oil.

Solocle

Über Member
Even a well trained and disciplined rider is not invincible. Being over confident in your own ability can be a weakness.
Yesterday I hit a nasty patch of gravel on the approach to a junction, on NCN 25. My rear wheel skidded, so I had to weight more of the braking onto the front wheel, as gingerly as possible.

Then as I reach the junction, I've still got a little bit of momentum, so start turning, and the front wheel skidded! I managed to hold it upright, fortunately.

There was no visible sign of the stuff, until the last patch at the junction, by which point I was already dealing with the gravel.

Top Bottom