Oops!.....that was an expensive 'off'.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Bet the son looks really slick in that jacket now.
Oil fetch yer coat... :whistle:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
That’s the power of a brand. I don’t see why it should be the same price everywhere. No one complains when a petrol company charges more for the same petrol from different stations, for example.
Yes they do. Service stations are always being cited as a rip off and supermarket petrol
Stations have much longer queues because they are cheaper.
But petrol isn’t a great example because you have to buy it geographically.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Clothes are meant to be worn. 1200 quid on a coat is an alien concept to me but if I was in a position where it seemed like a value prospect, I would think nothing of cycling in it.
Unless the coat has gold thread or diamond encrusted buttons:rolleyes:,it won't 'perform' any better than say a 5 to 7 hundred quid one. After that,you're paying for the poncy designer name,not something that's actually better than the 5 to 7 hundred quid one.This is just my opinion,but i've worked in gents outfitters and now work part time in a retro clothing shop....when not locked down.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Unless the coat has gold thread or diamond encrusted buttons:rolleyes:,it won't 'perform' any better than say a 5 to 7 hundred quid one. After that,you're paying for the poncy designer name,not something that's actually better than the 5 to 7 hundred quid one.This is just my opinion,but i've worked in gents outfitters and now work part time in a retro clothing shop....when not locked down.

The Rab C Nesbit of Accrington speaks the truth.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've been wondering what this 'coat' looks like. Surely not many would wear a coat while riding a bike,as the bottom bit would touch the wheels. It's probably more of a jacket than a coat.🤔

Top Bottom