Orbea Avant going cheap - but is it too small

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
There seems to be a hitch in any case. I asked if he had kept the battery charged and found out that it DOESN'T have wireless shifting. I'm hunting down the model online which is proving tricky. Think I'll take a look though and see if it's pristine. He says it was bought from a UK Orbea dealer and fits him. I wonder if there will be any more surprises.
No Di2 system is wireless, yet....Shimano is almost certainly working on it. Battery would be easy enough to replace.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
If he does not know the model and if it has di2 that raises alarm bells. Confirm with him that he has the receipt. If his story is true he will still have the receipt.

OP
OP
8mph

8mph

Veteran
If he does not know the model and if it has di2 that raises alarm bells. Confirm with him that he has the receipt. If his story is true he will still have the receipt.
I will do, I think that he is able to put me in touch with the dealer which would help. I get the impression that he's a mountain biker who tried to switch to road and lost interest pretty soon, went out and bought himself a Specialized mountain bike soon after.

OP
OP
8mph

8mph

Veteran
No Di2 system is wireless, yet....Shimano is almost certainly working on it. Battery would be easy enough to replace.
There's no battery whatsoever according to him. It looks like A 2015 M30 but has an Ultegra rear derailleur. From what I can make out it has a lot of FSA parts and Vision team 35 wheelset.

vickster

Legendary Member
There's no battery whatsoever according to him. It looks like A 2015 M30 but has an Ultegra rear derailleur. From what I can make out it has a lot of FSA parts and Vision team 25 wheelset.
Sounds like a right Frankenbike, he's telling you porkies it seems. Walk away, I'm sure you can do better

OP
OP
8mph

8mph

Veteran
I'm going to walk away from this one. It's a M30D with upgraded derailleur (IMO) which should cost more like £2500 and not the £1450 that he said he paid for it. I've decided to stick with what I know and just plug on with my two steel bikes.

Thanks very much for your posts and helping me come to this decision.

Top Bottom