Orbea Gain

Storck

Have you tried latex tubes? They'll give you an even nicer ride, though you need to top the pressure up almost daily.
Long time ago, when I was riding daily. Got fed up with having to blow them up everyday. But now it doesn't matter so much? Riding three times a week on average and of course been retired. May just do that?

Scaleyback

Thanks, for that Scaley. Gonna look into that. I mentioned earlier fitting Conti 5000's, first time I've ever ridden 28mms tyres, inflated to 85psi. What a ride - Oooo my Chalfonts, wonderful. Wish I had done it years ago.
I ride 35mm front and 38mm rear at 60 psi my crown jewels appreciate the comfort. :rolleyes:

Latex tubes, Hmm ? https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/product-news/latex-inner-tubes-worth-hassle-282066

Scaleyback

This is a tenuous link but I was riding my Orbea Gain. ^_^
I video some of my rides. Here is an edited clip from a ride a couple of days ago showing one of the joys ? of riding in rural North Yorkshire.
There is wind noise that I cannot help, there is a little 'huffing 'n' puffing at the start as I crest a hill and there is also a little 'industrial language'
that I apologise for (silly old man talking to himself) Turn the sound off if Granny or the children are close by.https://photos.smugmug.com/Yi-4K-Action-Camera/i-9Q64vMs/0/65de6641/1920/The Shepherd_2-1920.mp4

Roy

Storck

Wonderful, Never a sheep dog when you need one!

Scaleyback

Speedy sheep you have up there, Roy - loved it.
Thanks Peter,

I feel the need to explain. I didn't want to scare them sh**less, I would normally cruise along behind them leaving them to disperse at their leisure.
However I was aware that at the end of this 'green lane' there was a 'T' junction joining a road that was likely to have traffic.
I was afraid the stupid sheep would charge straight out into possible traffic so decided to try and divert them. I was very mindful of getting 'put into
the ditch' by kamikaze sheep.

MarkF

Legendary Member
This is the sort of e-bike that I could go for, sell the Van Van and commute on it and ride normally. But, it's an expensive purchase and one that I'd have to justify to MrsF........I'd really need a decent test ride in a hilly area.

Southernguns

This is the sort of e-bike that I could go for, sell the Van Van and commute on it and ride normally. But, it's an expensive purchase and one that I'd have to justify to MrsF........I'd really need a decent test ride in a hilly area.
I was reluctant at first, because of the investment, but having only done 3 rides, totalling 60 miles, I can already say that I don't regret it. I am really enjoying riding the Gain, more so than a non powered road bike. Although, I am getting knee pain in my right knee so will probably need to go for a bike fit.

Top Bottom