Orbea Gain

Discussion in 'Electric Bikes' started by youngoldbloke, 26 Jan 2018.

Tags:
  1. Storck

Storck Regular

Long time ago, when I was riding daily. Got fed up with having to blow them up everyday. But now it doesn't matter so much? Riding three times a week on average and of course been retired. May just do that?

2. Scaleyback

Scaleyback Well-Known Member

I ride 35mm front and 38mm rear at 60 psi my crown jewels appreciate the comfort. :rolleyes:

Latex tubes, Hmm ? https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/product-news/latex-inner-tubes-worth-hassle-282066

jowwy likes this.
  3. jowwy

jowwy The bearded Powerhouse

4. Scaleyback

Please explain jowwy.

5. jowwy

jowwy The bearded Powerhouse

Was asking are you not riding tubeless on the current tyres as you went “hmmmm” about latex tubes

6. Scaleyback

No, I’m doing it the old fashioned way, with tubes.

7. Scaleyback

This is a tenuous link but I was riding my Orbea Gain. ^_^
    I video some of my rides. Here is an edited clip from a ride a couple of days ago showing one of the joys ? of riding in rural North Yorkshire.
    There is wind noise that I cannot help, there is a little 'huffing 'n' puffing at the start as I crest a hill and there is also a little 'industrial language'
    that I apologise for (silly old man talking to himself) Turn the sound off if Granny or the children are close by.https://photos.smugmug.com/Yi-4K-Action-Camera/i-9Q64vMs/0/65de6641/1920/The Shepherd_2-1920.mp4

Roy

SpokeyDokey, Afnug and youngoldbloke like this.
  8. OP
    OP
    youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke The older I get, the faster I used to be ...

Speedy sheep you have up there, Roy - loved it.

Scaleyback likes this.
  9. Storck

Storck Regular

Wonderful, Never a sheep dog when you need one!

Scaleyback likes this.
  10. Scaleyback

Thanks Peter,

I feel the need to explain. I didn't want to scare them sh**less, I would normally cruise along behind them leaving them to disperse at their leisure.
    However I was aware that at the end of this 'green lane' there was a 'T' junction joining a road that was likely to have traffic.
    I was afraid the stupid sheep would charge straight out into possible traffic so decided to try and divert them. I was very mindful of getting 'put into
    the ditch' by kamikaze sheep.

youngoldbloke likes this.
  11. Southernguns

Southernguns Regular

Great video. Proper funny. That little lamb must have jumped about 5 foot off the ground.

Scaleyback likes this.
  12. Storck

Storck Regular

And that's why we know them as Wooly Jumpers.

Southernguns and Scaleyback like this.
  13. MarkF

MarkF Legendary Member

This is the sort of e-bike that I could go for, sell the Van Van and commute on it and ride normally. But, it's an expensive purchase and one that I'd have to justify to MrsF........I'd really need a decent test ride in a hilly area.

14. Southernguns

Southernguns Regular

:laugh::laugh:

15. Southernguns

Southernguns Regular

I was reluctant at first, because of the investment, but having only done 3 rides, totalling 60 miles, I can already say that I don't regret it. I am really enjoying riding the Gain, more so than a non powered road bike. Although, I am getting knee pain in my right knee so will probably need to go for a bike fit.

MarkF likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice