1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orbea Gain

Discussion in 'Electric Bikes' started by youngoldbloke, 26 Jan 2018.

1. youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke The older I get, the faster I used to be ...

Anyone had a ride on one of these yet? I'm seriously considering an ebike due to medical issues and the possibilty of major surgery. Coming from a club riding, road cycling, road bike background I find most ebikes hideous looking and horrendously heavy. The Gain appears to be relatively light and good looking - and starting at around £1800, good priced too. (I find the Giant and Raleigh road ebikes ugly BTW). No one appears to have them in stock though. I'm prepared to travel to see and test ride one but meanwhile has anyone any experience of them?
  2. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

I've never ridden one, but I agree, they look really nice, and you can put mudguards and panniers on them too! My only doubt would be how easy it is to change a battery that's integrated into the frame.
    youngoldbloke likes this.
  3. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Guru

Electric hybrid and mountain bikes are now a bit more mainstream, but electric roadie bikes are relatively new.

I doubt you will find anyone with one in stock, but Orbea do employ a rep or two who can provide demo bikes via a dealer.

My suggestion is go to your nearest Orbea dealer and inquire about getting a go on a Gain.
  4. Sharky

Sharky Veteran

Somebody on here posted a gtech with dropped bars. Looked really nice. Tried searching for it, but havent found it yet. Others might remember it.
  5. lyn1

lyn1 Senior Member

I checked with a dealer who said the schedule for availability was May, with a slight chance of it coming forward by a month or so.
    youngoldbloke and Mort like this.
  6. sight-pin

sight-pin Über Member

El Sofa
    Nice looking but i can't find what the expected range with just a 6.9 amp battery?
  7. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

Dealer only apparently, so not a surprise.
  8. midlife

midlife Veteran

9. NickWi

NickWi Well-Known Member

Goingback to the OP question, I'm also seriously considering one of these (as in an Orbea Gain D30). All the reviews I've read are basically the manufacturers brochure rehashed, as in no one seemes to have actually thrown a leg over the saddle and ridden on.

So anyone her actually riden one, even if it was just a round the block test ride?