Orbea Gain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Storck

Have you tried latex tubes? They'll give you an even nicer ride, though you need to top the pressure up almost daily.

Long time ago, when I was riding daily. Got fed up with having to blow them up everyday. But now it doesn't matter so much? Riding three times a week on average and of course been retired. May just do that?

Scaleyback

Veteran
Thanks, for that Scaley. Gonna look into that. I mentioned earlier fitting Conti 5000's, first time I've ever ridden 28mms tyres, inflated to 85psi. What a ride - Oooo my Chalfonts, wonderful. Wish I had done it years ago.

I ride 35mm front and 38mm rear at 60 psi my crown jewels appreciate the comfort. :rolleyes:

Latex tubes, Hmm ? https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/product-news/latex-inner-tubes-worth-hassle-282066

Scaleyback

Veteran
This is a tenuous link but I was riding my Orbea Gain. ^_^
I video some of my rides. Here is an edited clip from a ride a couple of days ago showing one of the joys ? of riding in rural North Yorkshire.
There is wind noise that I cannot help, there is a little 'huffing 'n' puffing at the start as I crest a hill and there is also a little 'industrial language'
that I apologise for (silly old man talking to himself) Turn the sound off if Granny or the children are close by.https://photos.smugmug.com/Yi-4K-Action-Camera/i-9Q64vMs/0/65de6641/1920/The Shepherd_2-1920.mp4

Roy

Storck

Wonderful, Never a sheep dog when you need one!

Scaleyback

Veteran
Speedy sheep you have up there, Roy - loved it.

Thanks Peter,

I feel the need to explain. I didn't want to scare them sh**less, I would normally cruise along behind them leaving them to disperse at their leisure.
However I was aware that at the end of this 'green lane' there was a 'T' junction joining a road that was likely to have traffic.
I was afraid the stupid sheep would charge straight out into possible traffic so decided to try and divert them. I was very mindful of getting 'put into
the ditch' by kamikaze sheep.

MarkF

Guru
This is the sort of e-bike that I could go for, sell the Van Van and commute on it and ride normally. But, it's an expensive purchase and one that I'd have to justify to MrsF........I'd really need a decent test ride in a hilly area.

Southernguns

This is the sort of e-bike that I could go for, sell the Van Van and commute on it and ride normally. But, it's an expensive purchase and one that I'd have to justify to MrsF........I'd really need a decent test ride in a hilly area.
I was reluctant at first, because of the investment, but having only done 3 rides, totalling 60 miles, I can already say that I don't regret it. I am really enjoying riding the Gain, more so than a non powered road bike. Although, I am getting knee pain in my right knee so will probably need to go for a bike fit.

Top Bottom