Orbea Gain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Hi, mine is 07.19.18. I collected the bike on 14th August last year and I think it was delivered to the supplier the week before, so the activation date in my case appears to be about a month before delivery. Your date must be 3rd December 2018, so given delivery time and time in stock at the dealers it's not that far out.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I would check with your dealer, as Orbea state this is the date the warranty starts. You may be losing a month of warranty.

OP
OP
youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke

I would check with your dealer, as Orbea state this is the date the warranty starts. You may be losing a month of warranty.
I understand the warranty runs from the date the purchaser registers the bike with Orbea (up to 30 days after purchase). Mine does.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I understand the warranty runs from the date the purchaser registers the bike with Orbea (up to 30 days after purchase). Mine does.

Page 26 in the manual I posted earlier says "Activation should only be performed on eBikes upon their delivery to the customer, this is due to the guarantee taking effect upon activation, as well as security reasons."

I would assume that your receipt would be able to override this, but it may be more hassle.

Scaleyback

Veteran
Hi, mine is 07.19.18. I collected the bike on 14th August last year and I think it was delivered to the supplier the week before, so the activation date in my case appears to be about a month before delivery. Your date must be 3rd December 2018, so given delivery time and time in stock at the dealers it's not that far out.

Ok, I see what I did here, doh :rolleyes: being stuck in a UK timewarp I read 12-03-2018 as ddmmyyyy as opposed to mmddyyyy so instead of a possible discrepancy of approx 11 months (purchase date 27th march 2019) I have a difference from 03rd dec 2018 to 27th mar 2019 which is still going on for 4 months. With a purchase
receipt I doubt I would lose any of my warranty.

Thanks for your replies.

p.s Just checked my registration with Orbea which is dated 2019-02-27 (yyyymmdd) different
nomenclature to ebikemotion ? I assume the Orbea warranty covers e bike and electronics so all looks good.

Last edited:

areyouactuallymoving

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, haven't read through all 22 pages...

I am the proud new owner of an Orbea Gain F10. Loving it so far, I have seen mentioned that you can change the amount of assist for each of the 3 levels how do you it?

Cheers

Southernguns

You have to do it through the ebikemotion app whilst it is connected to the bike via blue tooth. Once connected I think it is in the settings section. The option for it only shows up when synced with the bike though.

Southernguns

Enjoy your F10. I have had my D30 for a few weeks now (I also love it) and am just at the point where I want to start playing with the power levels. I rarely use level 3 so I think I will currently leave it at 100% and use it as a desperate 'get out' if I become too tired to cycle, or the hills are too steep. I think I will also leave level 1 at 100% as that seems to suit me at the moment, but I may change that as my fitness returns. Level 2 is where I will reduce it I think. I find it too powerful, meaning that I hardly have to work, except on the steeper hills. I think I might try setting it at 75% then experimenting from there.

It might be worth reading back over the past 5 or 6 pages as a few of the guys on here are really knowledgeable and very helpful. They have played around with the settings quite a bit and I am fairly sure there are some pretty recent posts on their preferred settings. They will be much more helpful than I can be!

Last edited:

NickWi

Guru
I run my Gain at 75% on Assistance Level 1 as I found 100% I found a little bit too much assistance for me and my local & undulating terrain. A2 at 100% is a fraction too high for when I’m riding in company and hills, but suits me when I’m riding on my own so it’s left as is. As for A3 that’s at 100% and I only ever use it on the steeper hills. I look at it as my reward for lugging all that extra weight around all day and justification for buying an ebike in the first place!

Southernguns

I had a pro bike fit on the Orbea Gain on Wednesday and have just done a 25 mile gravel ride over some pretty demanding off road and hilly terrain. I managed the whole ride in level1 which is very unusual for me. It is probably down to the bike fit, rather than me just feeling good today. If this is the case then I will have to reassess the power to each level and follow Scaley by lowering level1 and level2. I think I will do a couple more rides with the new setup first just to confirm it is the bike fit that has made the difference then start adjusting.

Also for anyone that is interested I have changed my pedals to Pedaling Catalyst pedals. The designer of the pedals is a bit preachy so I was initially put off, but then read loads of reviews on them and having tried them I can say that they do seems to do what they claim to do. I am able to get a lot more power through the pedals when climbing hills by using my quads more. This combined with the electric assist and suddenly I am flying up hill. They are comfy too.

OP
OP
youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke

I had a pro bike fit on the Orbea Gain on Wednesday and have just done a 25 mile gravel ride over some pretty demanding off road and hilly terrain. I managed the whole ride in level1 which is very unusual for me. It is probably down to the bike fit, rather than me just feeling good today. If this is the case then I will have to reassess the power to each level and follow Scaley by lowering level1 and level2. I think I will do a couple more rides with the new setup first just to confirm it is the bike fit that has made the difference then start adjusting.

Also for anyone that is interested I have changed my pedals to Pedaling Catalyst pedals. The designer of the pedals is a bit preachy so I was initially put off, but then read loads of reviews on them and having tried them I can say that they do seems to do what they claim to do. I am able to get a lot more power through the pedals when climbing hills by using my quads more. This combined with the electric assist and suddenly I am flying up hill. They are comfy too.
Which pedals did you use before? Do you ride out of the saddle much? I use the same as I always have on non assisted bikes - SPDs or Look Keos in the summer.

Top Bottom