Orbea Gain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OLdNoob

Yeah, that's about what the chain lasted on my D20 (Sram 1x11 with a KMC chain). I replaced it with the same as I needed a quick replacement, but next time I'll look around for options. 1,000miles for a well looked after chain isn't very good in my books. I've also developed a creak, and as of today a slight knock from my bottom bracket. Again having done only 1,800miles on my Gain, not impressed.

Lastly your mechanic is getting confused between e-bike drive types. With crank driven type drives he's right, extra power IS being transmitted by the chain and that's got to take its toll. On hub driven type bikes it isn't. In fact, surely the opposite should apply. Oughtn't a hub driven bike be easier on the chain?

Hi,

Did you manage to resolve the creaking/knocking noise from your bottom bracket?

I have the same issue on my D31.

NickWi

Guru
Hi,

Did you manage to resolve the creaking/knocking noise from your bottom bracket?

I have the same issue on my D31.
Only by having a new bottom bracket fitted. I was quite disappointed that the BB lasted less than 1800 miles, but it wasn’t expensive to replace and my local LBS did it while I waited along with a few other checks to make sure the noise wasn't coming from elswehere first. In theory I could have made a warranty claim but it’s a long way to the not so local Orbea dealer and I like to support my LBS. Since then smooth pedalling and wonderful silence.

One other comment, my LBS said my chain replacement chain was about 40% worn and that’s after about 500 mile of decent dry summer use. Other than being 1x11, so a wide chain spread I don't know why my Gain is eating chains.

Last edited:

arao99

You're so right about the correct approach to climbing hills on the Gain. For max and smooth progress from the assist, sitting down and keeping the revs between 75/80 rpm gets the best out of the "engine"
Since September My M30 will power up any hill at only 2/3 rpm hat is why I took it to my dealer who fully tested it while talking to Orbea on the phone who agreed there was nothing wrong with my bike ,they said it was set to high in mode 1,2 ,they set it to 20% in mode 1 and 70% in mode 2.
I went out this week and turned it down to 10% in mode 1 and it seemed to ride ok there was enough power for me.

Scaleyback

Veteran
Well, I don‘t use the ebikemotion app for much, just sometimes log-on after a ride to make a note of the battery condition.
That doesn‘t appear to work anymore ? I can enter my user name/password and reach the 1st page view but I cannot get past the ‘disconnected’ state’ ? Can the rest of you still log-on ?

Storck

Well, I don‘t use the ebikemotion app for much, just sometimes log-on after a ride to make a note of the battery condition.
That doesn‘t appear to work anymore ? I can enter my user name/password and reach the 1st page view but I cannot get past the ‘disconnected’ state’ ? Can the rest of you still log-on ?

Yes, was checking out a ride I did over Easter for info, last night.

Scaleyback

Veteran

It appears my log-on problem is with IOS devices ? android smart phones are ok. I have reported this to the ebikemotion guys.

Storck

Obrea factory sale. 25-28% off all M Gains.

Top Bottom