Orbea Onix (Carbon)---anyone know about these??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just getting ready to order a new bike when my LBS offered me a 2011 model Orbea Onix at £1300-----he claims it was £1700.
It has 105's (compact).
It's my size (in red & white**)
**Other suppliers seem to show 2011 models in different colours........could it be 2010??
I know nothing about Orbea (except they're from Spain).
I can get the latest Cube for the same price and am trying to arrange a test ride but nearest dealer is 10 miles away and this is on the doorstep.

Col5632

Guru
My LBS supplies Orbea's, afaik they can be built to measure and usually get a choice of what gears/pedals etc you would prefer :thumbsup:

Judderz

The Onix with a 105 groupset last year was around the 1700-1800 as you mentioned. This year, The Orca (next frame up with bronze carbon frame) at my LBS with a 105 groupset is £1600.

I ride the Orbea Aqua (one down from the Onix) at the moment (alu frame, carbon fork), they cost £1095 with a 105 groupset

So this gives an idea of costs for the inbetween Onix bike.

They're generally as well respected as virtually any other IMHO, (in my humble opinion). They aren't 'built to measure' anymore than any other main stream bike. That is to say the frames are stock sizes, but any LBS, (local bike shop) worth their salt would swop out stems/seat posts/bars etc to get you the best fit.
My LBS does them and they make a nice looking bike if you're after carbon.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
my neighbour over the road has bought the the LBS ( that Col 5632 alluded to) owners Orca with Sram Red groupset. Its lush he has bought carbon fibre wheels by American Classic, weighs about the same as my packed lunch :biggrin:

Col5632

Guru
Im saving my pennies for an Orbea at Sandy Wallace, im happy with any of them :laugh:

Shrimp_Stu

I have an Orbea Onix with Ultegra (I think its the 2009 version in Blue) - absolutely love it. Great bike.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 986
Top Bottom