Organ meats.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grldtnr

Had some

Ox cheek the other day, not strictly organ meat, or what is termed Offal, but it's sold as such.
Sooner eat that end rather than the Oxtail, which has a similar gelatinous quality.
My old Ma, passed on since, having a limited purse to feed us,would often fill us up with offal, Heart, Liver, oxtail were to found on the table, Ox Tongue for Xmas was a great delicacy,
But thankfully never fish eye's which she regaled us that she particularly enjoyed ,along with her father, being good old East end London stock, Skate eyes was particularly relished, but strangely not jellied eels, which I took to her once after hospitalised,

bitsandbobs

Über Member
Spicy beef tripe. Chinese takeaway last weekend.
IMG_20220605_134726.jpg

Dave7

Legendary Member
As kids a Saturday special meal would be sheeps head and we ate the lot including brain and tongue.
On a real special day we would have sheeps heart.
As 'adults' me and MrsD would enjoy liver and onions. One day someone said to her "you do realise that is a body organ"......that was it, we never had it again :sad:

FrothNinja

Veteran
As kids a Saturday special meal would be sheeps head and we ate the lot including brain and tongue.
On a real special day we would have sheeps heart.
As 'adults' me and MrsD would enjoy liver and onions. One day someone said to her "you do realise that is a body organ"......that was it, we never had it again :sad:

Still eat all those except the brains - never ever liked them

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
The quality of black pudding varies wildly. Stornoway black pudding is the best.... IMHO.

I'd go with Stornoway too but realistically it's not the same product as the English versions whether from the Black Country or the Lancashire 'Ecky Thump' stuff.

Horses/courses and all that.

White and Fruit Pudding from Charlie Barley in Stornoway is another thing as well.

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Lambs heart is superb. My Mother used to casserole it so long cooked.

It's actually much better, like the joints of a lamb, cooked minimally so there's red juices in the mix.

Top Bottom