Ortlieb handlebar bag, small concern.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lauris

Hi

I recently bought the ortlieb handlebar bag.

I have small concern that the cables are touching the bag which can cause chafing.( I saw someone have the same issue)

I was thinking covering the cables in some sort of fabric to prevent this.

any suggestions on what type or any other suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

OldShep

Über Member
If it’s the same Ortileb Mount I have there should be no wire sticking out to catch the bag. The bit you cut off at the end tucks, out of the way, into a hole in the mount

cheys03

Veteran
Are the cables that are catching the bike’s gear/brake cable outers or the small length of inner that’s part of the bag handlebar mount which as OlpShep suggests, should tuck out the way.

If it’s the gear/brake outers then the soft side of Velcro tape can be used to protect things a bit from rubs.

OP
OP
L

Lauris

Assume you mean the brake/gear cables, they have touched the bar bag when it's on my tourer for years, never been a problem.

Yes, the brake and gear cable that sticks out. I have nowhere to put them. I don't want to bend them.
My friend has this bag had chafing, he said on tarmac it was okay but then he started going off-road bouncing the cables rubbed on the bag creating chafing. Also, I am talking about this bag:

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Ortlieb-Ha..._6qxwqF-JgDBlP9PEkvrsMXQZ75ed2JRoCohwQAvD_BwE

This bag does not have a mount as you can see 2 velcro starps 2 orange straps and 1 at the bottoms.
They have included these foam cubes to if you need to bring the bag away from shifters, but it doesnt help with the cables.

Top Bottom