Ouchy! Swimmers Ear....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Flipping uncomfortable!

Ear canals mostly closed-up due to swelling. Very sore and slight fever. Probable cause over-judicious usage of cotton buds to dry/clean ears.
Have vinegar spray to ease discomfort but it's like going-around with ears full of water all the time and causes a lack of hearing!.
Paracetamol/Ibuprofen helps the pain and swelling.
Overall a bit disorientating!

So be careful with cotton buds, wet ears and any soreness....I may live!

Dave 123

Legendary Member
When they calm down go to the doctor and get them to hoover your ears out. They pull all manner of crap out!

Lullabelle

Banana
Flipping uncomfortable!

Ear canals mostly closed-up due to swelling. Very sore and slight fever. Probable cause over-judicious usage of cotton buds to dry/clean ears.
Have vinegar spray to ease discomfort but it's like going-around with ears full of water all the time and causes a lack of hearing!.
Paracetamol/Ibuprofen helps the pain and swelling.
Overall a bit disorientating!

So be careful with cotton buds, wet ears and any soreness....I may live!

Try olive oil or see your GP to get an appointment at the hospital to be professionally cleaned our-or go private just leave the cotton buds alone

Epiotic excellent ear cleanser
"Epiotic has now been improved, giving a greater ability to dissolve grease and debris, with a pH of 7.6
Shake well before use. Turn the white nozzle to open the bottle and then apply to the ear canal. Gently rub the base of the ear and then wipe the interior of the ear with a swab moistened with Epi-otic.
Contains salicylic acid, lactic acid and chitosanide."
Superb

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I would be surprised if a doctor does anything other than tell you to use olive oil or to go privately. Certainly up here you won't find NHS help unless you are in chronic pain.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yeah, I know but....
I use a hair grip! :laugh:

I bent both prongs to restrict how far it can be shoved in and the end makes a good wax scraper. (I am not suggesting that anybody else does this but if you do then don't blame me if you damage your ears. And don't bother suing me either - I am not insured and I am skint! :okay:)

Top Bottom