Ouchy! Swimmers Ear....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Flipping uncomfortable!

Ear canals mostly closed-up due to swelling. Very sore and slight fever. Probable cause over-judicious usage of cotton buds to dry/clean ears.
Have vinegar spray to ease discomfort but it's like going-around with ears full of water all the time and causes a lack of hearing!.
Paracetamol/Ibuprofen helps the pain and swelling.
Overall a bit disorientating!

So be careful with cotton buds, wet ears and any soreness....I may live!

Cotton buds can no longer be sold as of today

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Cotton buds can no longer be sold as of today
Only plastic ones.

Trickedem

Guru
I get waxed up ears every now and then. I use Otex ear drops for a few days, then a meat baster with warm water to self syringe the ears. Very satisfying when pea sized lumps of wax come out and I can hear again.

Stephenite

Membå
Epiotic excellent ear cleanser
"Epiotic has now been improved, giving a greater ability to dissolve grease and debris, with a pH of 7.6
Shake well before use. Turn the white nozzle to open the bottle and then apply to the ear canal. Gently rub the base of the ear and then wipe the interior of the ear with a swab moistened with Epi-otic.
Contains salicylic acid, lactic acid and chitosanide."
Superb
Have you tried this yourself? I googled epiotic and its only for cats and dogs it seems.

PK99

Legendary Member
Flipping uncomfortable!

Ear canals mostly closed-up due to swelling. Very sore and slight fever. Probable cause over-judicious usage of cotton buds to dry/clean ears.
Have vinegar spray to ease discomfort but it's like going-around with ears full of water all the time and causes a lack of hearing!.

Never insert anthing in your ear smaller than your elbow

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Flipping uncomfortable!

Hang in there brother.

Hang in there brother.....

Last edited:
Have you tried this yourself? I googled epiotic and its only for cats and dogs it seems.
Cats and dogs?
Are you sure?
I thought it was just for dogs.
Anyway mister pedantic it works on Spaniels so I will be good for people...... that's not advice!!

Last edited:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I used to get my ears syringed at the hospital, it was always a good excuse for a bit of smutty innuendo with the nurses.

Top Bottom