Our Adventure is About to Begin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AnneW

Über Member
Tomorrow hubby and I head to Cornwall ready to start our LEJOG on Monday.

We’re following the route in the Cicerone End to End book, well almost. A few diversions arranged so that I can recharge my e-bike and we’ve included Morecambe in it so that we can stay with friends.

It’s been hard work to get to this point as we’re running two homes because we now live with my Father in law (he has dementia and we’re looking after him), hubby had to have an op on his foot and Work has been incredibly busy for both us, but we’re as ready as we can be.

We’re raising money for Dementia UK and we’re over our target (yay!) so now all we’ve got to do is pedal :smile:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I hope all goes well.:okay:

OP
OP
AnneW

AnneW

Über Member
What a fabulous, amazing trip! We’ve met lots of lovely people, eaten at a great cafes and pubs and met with generosity at (almost!) every turn.

In the whole 2 weeks I only had one refusal to recharge my bike battery, everyone else was very happy to let me plug in (we were always buying drinks, snacks and food whilst there).

We had no punctures, hooray! But I did have a mechanical failure on day 3 which nearly ended the ride. Luckily we found a bike shop in Honiton (big up for Axcess Electric bikes) who swapped a part from one of their bike’s to get us back on our way.

We’ve had complete strangers handing cash over towards our charity. And generally met with warmth and friendliness everywhere.

I’ve had a lot of interest in my bike and a lot of surprise that an overweight, over 50 could actually cover the distance. I’m a bit amazed myself - covering 70 and 80 miles for days on end sounds far away from what I can do. But I did do it and I’m really happy.

13 rider

Guru
Well done :notworthy: sounds like you had a fab time

raleighnut

Legendary Member
What a fabulous, amazing trip! We’ve met lots of lovely people, eaten at a great cafes and pubs and met with generosity at (almost!) every turn.

In the whole 2 weeks I only had one refusal to recharge my bike battery, everyone else was very happy to let me plug in (we were always buying drinks, snacks and food whilst there).

We had no punctures, hooray! But I did have a mechanical failure on day 3 which nearly ended the ride. Luckily we found a bike shop in Honiton (big up for Axcess Electric bikes) who swapped a part from one of their bike’s to get us back on our way.

We’ve had complete strangers handing cash over towards our charity. And generally met with warmth and friendliness everywhere.

I’ve had a lot of interest in my bike and a lot of surprise that an overweight, over 50 could actually cover the distance. I’m a bit amazed myself - covering 70 and 80 miles for days on end sounds far away from what I can do. But I did do it and I’m really happy.
:bravo:

Top Bottom