Our favourite labels and brands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ganymede

Veteran
Arcteryx
Second hand stuff (eg my combat pants)
Vivienne Westwood
Argyll wellies before they got expensive
Berghaus
Walker and Slater

Co-op high-bake water biscuits.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I love Clarks Shoes. They do half sizes still so my old pair of Clarks that I have worn for years are a 71/2 and they are just lovely. Not many shoe manufacturers do half sizes, which is a shame. Feet are important bits.

My motorbike helmets were generally AVGs as they were the only one's to fit properly. They were expensive but they looked after my head in any potential crash that might occur. Protection more important than bargain hunting there.

My saddles were Stubbens, when I had horses, but again, it was about comfort for the horse as well as for me.

They are the only 'labels' really that I have preferred over the years.

vickster

Legendary Member
Kit Kat

Clothes and shoes bought based on what fits, most of my day clothes come from Gap, Next, M&S
...I blame the kit kats! ;)

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
3 stand out brands for me
Brooks
Carradice
QUAD
All British although the owners of QUAD (IAG) have farmed out the construction of their new stuff to China but the service dept. is still in Huntingdon

Drago

Legendary Member
Stanley, the most incredible hot food and drink products.

Traser, the watches issues to the boys who punched Bin Laden's ticket, so more than up to the rigours of wet vibration while cycling.

Mitsubishi, purveyors of the world's finest 4x4s.

HP, producers of the tastiest baked beans and sausages.

Filofax, still using mine nearly 30 years on. The battery never goes flat.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I don't buy very cheap clothes in the hope that I'm avoiding contributing to sweatshops, but everything is bought in the sale / outlet, and I wear it until it's worn out.

I'm quite skinny so I wear a lot of Ben Sherman, Ted Baker, Reiss etc. Timberland for outdoorsy stuff. Shoes are Loake for work, Churches for best, Merrel for casual, Salomon for walking.

McVities digestives.

Campagnolo :becool:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I buy my clothes like i buy my training shoes, I go for the expensive(ish) labels but only when they're from last years collection,costing about a third the price. I might buy a summer shirt or shorts in the autumn then save them till the following summer. I also prefer the retro look as retro clothes don't go out of fashion.:smile:

Top Bottom