Our favourite labels and brands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Rapha, Castelli, Ale' & Sportful for cycling clobber...

Ralph Lauren (if found in TKMaxx sales only)
Aquascutum..
John Smedley (fantastic merino knitwear)

Alpinestars & Dainese casual motorcycle inspired stuff...

got rid of the Aston Martin when I discovered it was a little passe'.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
Nokia, Microsoft (who are a good deal less evil than the other two, at least these days), Panasonic, Karrimor (which work well enough for me), Draper or Bosch for tools, as well as Giorgio and Primani. Not exclusively, but these are where I tend to look first.

Mondaine watches and clocks.

Not much else
:okay:
MH1.R2210.SM_C.jpg

OP
OP
Flick of the Elbow
[QUOTE 3588933, member: 9609"]I am a big fan of the ex USSR military binoculars, I have a pair of Tento 50s probably bought in the mid 80s, they are still my favourite birding binoculars - I have had and used quite a few other brands (even some very expensive ones) over the years, but nothing quite matches for clarity than my Russian pair.[/QUOTE]
I went for a pair of Swarovski 8×25 compacts, they are sufficiently lightweight that I don't notice wearing them when out walking, and the clarity is better than my 8×45 Viking, which weigh a lot more too. I will look out for Tento's.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
You wear a watch and not much else? :eek:

Yes

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Now I'm not a designer, but to me that's an example of nearly getting it right - thereby getting it almost entirely wrong.

Surely the whole point of that design is its simplicity, clarity, sheer minimalism...and yet for some reason they saw fit to add clutter.

Would it not look just staggeringly better - indeed very nearly perfect, rendered thus:

MH1.R2210.SM_C.jpg

You'd think the Swiss of all people would appreciate such things.

"God is in the details." - Mies van de Rohe

Top Bottom