Our favourite labels and brands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Roland drum machines

Now I'm not a designer, but to me that's an example of nearly getting it right - thereby getting it almost entirely wrong.

Surely the whole point of that design is its simplicity, clarity, sheer minimalism...and yet for some reason they saw fit to add clutter.

Would it not look just staggeringly better - indeed very nearly perfect, rendered thus:

View attachment 82470

You'd think the Swiss of all people would appreciate such things.

"God is in the details." - Mies van de Rohe

I'd appreciate a second opinion. It's what happens when all Helvetica breaks loose... However, Uncle Mies got it wrong when he started confusing adventure with details. He really meant to say 'Dog is in the details'. Hence the word 'vet' in Helvetica. Q.E.D. ^_^

Quite liking the style of this 'newbie' to my pencil case. Lamy. Versatile fountain pen (sketching pen) - charcoal finish is very, well, I don't know what...(I'm sure there's a French phrase that is more apt.)
lamy-safari-charcoal-fountain-pen-pla3063-2.jpg

Sod the blue ink - black is the new outline colour! (And the bit that says 'remove' is a cardboard ring - meaning that you the proud owner get to twist it home. Good price too.
Websters Pen Shop - about £16 I think...
4072_7.jpg

pplpilot

Guru
Jack Wolfskin for my casual wear
Apple, cant help it ive been an Apple user since the Apple II
Nikon slr gear
Walkers cheese and onion
wychwood brewery beers
iwc Schaffhausen is my favourite of my watches.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I'd appreciate a second opinion. It's what happens when all Helvetica breaks loose... However, Uncle Mies got it wrong when he started confusing adventure with details. He really meant to say 'Dog is in the details'. Hence the word 'vet' in Helvetica. Q.E.D. ^_^
I'm not sure what you're on about. No, hang on. After a rethink...I have absolutely no idea what you're on about. ^_^

Nokia, Microsoft (who are a good deal less evil than the other two, at least these days),
Microsoft own Nokia.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Kaweco Pens. The sport is my daily ride, but I've one of these...
KW30909-ZZZ~Kaweco-Liliput-Fountain-Pen-Satin-Brass-Wave_P1.jpg

for signing resignation letters and other documents of import.

Top Bottom