Our first Grand Expidition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
I hope you have lots and lots of fun. I had most of my family holidays in a tent when I was a child (though by car, not by bike) and I still love camping.
I see you have a kelly kettle. I was thinking of getting one for my nieces and nephew; but the youngest is 5 - is that a bit young? (Or is it an aunt's prerogative to buy dangerous and unsuitable presents?)

I am not sure I would let the small people near the Kelly Kettle... the eldest is still a bit not quite bombproof at 9 and has his moments of "did you really think that was a good idea?" User76 is discouraged from fire as we have woodburners in the house... but if it was under supervision from parents why not!

fimm

Veteran
I am not sure I would let the small people near the Kelly Kettle... the eldest is still a bit not quite bombproof at 9 and has his moments of "did you really think that was a good idea?" User76 is discouraged from fire as we have woodburners in the house... but if it was under supervision from parents why not!
I've just remembered that it was the mother of these small people (i.e. my sister) who got her hand badly burned by falling in a fire (thankfully with no long-term consequences). Maybe I'll find something less dangerous for them to play with...

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've just remembered that it was the mother of these small people (i.e. my sister) who got her hand badly burned by falling in a fire (thankfully with no long-term consequences). Maybe I'll find something less dangerous for them to play with...
Well at least till they are a little older.... There is always penknives as an alternative :whistle:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Well at least till they are a little older.... There is always penknives as an alternative :whistle:
Loved my penknife when I was a kid. The adults encouraged and politely admired my whittling (lack of) skills etc but thankfully never found about the time I managed to persuade my not-really-a-cousin to let me tie him up to a tree and admire my knife throwing skills. Luckily for all concerned, my aim was so bad that none of my attempts went within six feet of him.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Loved my penknife when I was a kid. The adults encouraged and politely admired my whittling (lack of) skills etc but thankfully never found about the time I managed to persuade my not-really-a-cousin to let me tie him up to a tree and admire my knife throwing skills. Luckily for all concerned, my aim was so bad that none of my attempts went within six feet of him.
I loved my childhood penknife, and I still have it, and I learnt that the security at Aldergrove weren't that keen on taking it onto the plane in your hand luggage. :whistle: These days it would be thrown away!

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

Good luck, enjoy the foray into cycle touring and the allied arts.

Thank you I think I have pre-camping aches in anticipation.. my legs and arms are very achey today which is worrying... that may be due to carrying someone else's small person about during sports afternoon when he decided I was a much more interesting person than his Mummy as I had interesting bangles on my arm...

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I sometimes think women are prone to such maladies, as they often have to do a lot of the preparatory work for the expedition,

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

I think we are as ready as we are going to be now... all packed.. just a couple of frozen bits to pack in the morning and then we can be off, just need to check when low tide is to avoid it.... the higher the tide the less the slope to the Ferry is this side and the easier it will be to get off the other side too....

Only one stop nearer to the campsite en route... to buy lunch at the Bakery and order our picnic lunch for the next days outing

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

We are here and set up, pub for dinner soon

WP_20150703_12_46_57_Pro.jpg
WP_20150703_14_12_09_Pro.jpg
WP_20150703_16_21_21_Pro.jpg

Top Bottom