Our first Grand Expidition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
F
Quite possibly the largest sleeping bag in the world to go with the largest tent in the world ^_^

All sounds good so far. This Kelly kettle is sounding more interesting, I'd always faintly dismissed them as some kind of gimmick.
FOr you breakfast on the pan bit of the Kelly kettle, I use a bigger pan Tha theirs as I have more mouths to feed you can do on top of the whole thing too but my top thingarrived with two a's rather than an a & b so next Tim I will test that
WP_20150705_08_47_35_Pro.jpg

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

No eggs in the shop near here 2 days in a row still I can try eggs when we go for 2 days in August to the local country park. They have an indie music festival I have no interest in but the camping I am as it is not often you can camp in the country park so music festival here we come

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
F
FOr you breakfast on the pan bit of the Kelly kettle, I use a bigger pan Tha theirs as I have more mouths to feed you can do on top of the whole thing too but my top thingarrived with two a's rather than an a & b so next Tim I will test that View attachment 94969
What bit are you cooking on? I've only ever seen the bit behind the frying pan, as someone always brings it to the allotment to boil up water for tea. Are you saying you can cook on it too?

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

What bit are you cooking on? I've only ever seen the bit behind the frying pan, as someone always brings it to the allotment to boil up water for tea. Are you saying you can cook on it too?
Yes you can get a pan and grill set also a cross piece you put on top of kettle for cooking or a bit that goes directly on the bowl you put fire in that you can out a pan on or hot chocolate pot (my enamel coffee pot)
WP_20150703_20_14_26_Pro.jpg

Yes you can get a pan and grill set also a cross piece you put on top of kettle for cooking or a bit that goes directly on the bowl you put fire in that you can out a pan on or hot chocolate pot (my enamel coffee pot) View attachment 94992
I like them. I can't think where I'd use one, not touring as I don't have a willing squidge to tow it and my two are well beyond that helpful age now! I may well sell my Cadac thing and get one.

I see you're pursuing a scorched earth policy as you rampage across the campsite.

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

I like them. I can't think where I'd use one, not touring as I don't have a willing squidge to tow it and my two are well beyond that helpful age now! I may well sell my Cadac thing and get one.

I see you're pursuing a scorched earth policy as you rampage across the campsite.
Lol yes got in trouble for that and given a slab they are very watchy and a bit hitler like here

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

First major accident. Squidge was showing maggot how to go downhill fast so she did very fast bike went one way she did a somersault mid air and landed on her nose. Miraculously no blood nothing broken, dents in helmet and I think judging by the bruise forming on her nose we may have black eyes soon. Bloody hooligans the pair of them.
WP_20150705_12_11_35_Pro.jpg

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

Ouch, poor Maggot....I hope she's OK.
She is okay, back from her party this afternoon that she ran about like a lunatic at. I suggested between blood curdling screams we call nana and go home that prompted instant silence a stiff upper lip and a no thankyou. Bruising is no worse. We may need a new helmet though!

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

Last day of our expidition today we have another grand expidition in about 3 1/2 weeks then we might try a proper expedition. Time to pack up camp and head home.

We need to loiter a while this side of the river to wait for the tide to rise a bit as low tide is at 8.30.

Loitering may include lovely cake at warsash bakery

Full report on our adventure later.

Top Bottom