Our first Grand Expidition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Oh I forgot to say, when we went to the nature reserve I reaslised we were on a national cycle route, lots of lycra clad slim whizzy peoples zoomed by us quite a lot... Maggie said wow he was fast about one of them, Samuel promptly replied yes but he doesn't even have a picnic with him, Mummy could go that fast on Bertha if she wasn't carrying our picnic... that made me chuckle... nice faith... but never ever going to happen! :laugh:

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

Camping in the great wild beyond at the bottom of the garden was cancelled this weekend due to the rain and the meh forecast for this week, I have no desire to dry a tent out for next weekend if I don't have to.

Friday we are off to the local Country Park until Sunday. We will mostly be avoiding the music festival, thankfully music is only on 2-10.30pm on Saturday. As we will be on bike and not in a queue of cars and coming from the other non-road direction I am hoping for a decent pitch far far away from the music....

There are no showers (so we don't have to pretend to wash) but I do have my radar key so we don't have to queue for loos - hurrah!

Thanks to @coffeejo non dead cat feel recommendation and @Hill Wimp's heads up on a sale plus extra discount, I now have widdley towels. I also have foldey handle cooking things and also a little tiny stove as the Kelly Kettle is banned. Bertha has new clothsies which she is refusing to put on, Squidge has larger panniers (ha ha ha) and User76 has a handlebar bag so fingers crossed we fit all our "stuff" on bikes...

I shall be booking and sorting around the small peoples hectic social lives during the summer holidays an Isle of Wight trip (where we have back up in the form of Uncle Simon should it all go terribly wrong) and also a trip near Lepe Beach... this is the big one we will have to cycle to train station get on train, cycle to ferry port get on ferry and then cycle a loooong way (6 miles) to the campsite - White Meadows... which Mum for reasons unknown keeps calling Wibbly Sands... so it shall be known as the Wibbly Sands Adventure... we shall be hiring a fire pit there

I am currently confusing myself with phone recharger thingies... this one looks like it might be the one at the moment...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...ode=as2&tag=pcad03-21&linkId=ON4KAITKVKLB7RWF

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Camping in the great wild beyond at the bottom of the garden was cancelled this weekend due to the rain and the meh forecast for this week, I have no desire to dry a tent out for next weekend if I don't have to.

Friday we are off to the local Country Park until Sunday. We will mostly be avoiding the music festival, thankfully music is only on 2-10.30pm on Saturday. As we will be on bike and not in a queue of cars and coming from the other non-road direction I am hoping for a decent pitch far far away from the music....

There are no showers (so we don't have to pretend to wash) but I do have my radar key so we don't have to queue for loos - hurrah!

Thanks to @coffeejo non dead cat feel recommendation and @Hill Wimp's heads up on a sale plus extra discount, I now have widdley towels. I also have foldey handle cooking things and also a little tiny stove as the Kelly Kettle is banned. Bertha has new clothsies which she is refusing to put on, Squidge has larger panniers (ha ha ha) and User76 has a handlebar bag so fingers crossed we fit all our "stuff" on bikes...

I shall be booking and sorting around the small peoples hectic social lives during the summer holidays an Isle of Wight trip (where we have back up in the form of Uncle Simon should it all go terribly wrong) and also a trip near Lepe Beach... this is the big one we will have to cycle to train station get on train, cycle to ferry port get on ferry and then cycle a loooong way (6 miles) to the campsite - White Meadows... which Mum for reasons unknown keeps calling Wibbly Sands... so it shall be known as the Wibbly Sands Adventure... we shall be hiring a fire pit there

I am currently confusing myself with phone recharger thingies... this one looks like it might be the one at the moment...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...ode=as2&tag=pcad03-21&linkId=ON4KAITKVKLB7RWF
Puddles my phone re charger or indeed charger of phone,tablet and laptop is excellent.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/EasyAcc-100...id=1437923586&sr=8-1&keywords=easyacc+charger

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

So I have smaller everything and still could not fit it all on Bertha... I think that the tent needs packing in seperate bits... this is not happening for this weekends trip... I have given in and shoved it in the trailer with crabbing lines and buckets... and then as there was lots of space in there also shoved in a couple of chairs, User76 & I's sleeping bag and a picnic rug...

Tomorrow evening we shall be having a takeaway from the Indian Restaurant the other side of the park, and then pub on Saturday night....

Breakfast will be the obligatory bacon and/or sausage and/or egg... which may become dinner if we cba to cycle to the Indian on Friday night... or if it is very quiet... or

We have no showers, no electric and quite possibly porta loos

Top Bottom