Our grand daughter had her drink spiked.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
On the other hand - the evidence available to us (which is just this thread) indicates no fault with the victims at all
possibly a confused woman calling a friend rather than an ambulance while just having been drugged

and maybe some experience of women being blamed for everything that happens to them whether or not they were in any way at fault - maybe not directly but indirectly by implications, nods and winks - and all that

and if they see this thread they will have some more experience of it

Exactly this.

There will often be some blame attributed , even if others can even concede she were the victim.

"Silly girl"

Wrong bar, wrong drink, too many drinks, too trusting with people, but also mustn't be standoffish, wrong friend, wrong clothes, wrong demeanour, wrong reaction after it happened .

And on and on.

Shouldn't have 'submitted' to arrest, should have run away...

A group of us used to frequent a particular bar on occasions, and over time, most of us left having a very strange reaction and little memory.

We're all very seasoned drinkers, and generally in rounds, so it was clearly not the alcohol, and it always seemed to be when we were in that same pub.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
A group of us used to frequent a particular bar on occasions, and over time, most of us left having a very strange reaction and little memory.

We're all very seasoned drinkers, and generally in rounds, so it was clearly not the alcohol, and it always seemed to be when we were in that same pub.

Low level carbon monoxide poisoning?

Or too many reefers, being smoked in the snug.??

I wonder if the move towards table service, after covid will make the spiking of drinks less likely.?

Or make it worse..??

In ancient times we used to put such phemonena down to having consumed "a dicky pint".

But not so likely if everyone was drinking something different.

Not all bartenders were quite as scrupulous about cleaning the pipes as they could be, either.

Low level carbon monoxide poisoning?

Or too many reefers, being smoked in the snug.??

I wonder if the move towards table service, after covid will make the spiking of drinks less likely.?

Or make it worse..??

But not so likely if everyone was drinking something different.

Not all bartenders were quite as scrupulous about cleaning the pipes as they could be, either.

Nope, we checked it over time, as it happened over an extended period of times, to different ones in the pub on different occasions, and the common denominator was a group of women, as it only seemed to happen when they were in, and there were other rumours about their habits elsewhere.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Nope, we checked it over time, as it happened over an extended period of times, to different ones in the pub on different occasions, and the common denominator was a group of women, as it only seemed to happen when they were in, and there were other rumours about their habits elsewhere.

Highly suspicious, did anything ever come of it??

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Many many years ago myself and a mate were victim of a drink spiking, the only thing I could remember was crawling home on my knees and Marge Simpson standing over me tutting in disgust. In conversation about 6 months later we pieced together the night and realised that the gentleman of the house had sent his wife to purchase some ecstasy, he was bringing us bottles of bud from the fridge and you can figure the rest.

An awful experience for even me, 17 maybe 18 at the time.. I sense the OP's GD may be of similar or lesser age!

I didn't drink from pretty much then on for about 10yrs, don't get invited out and wouldn't go anyway.. I'll have a JD or two at home and that's it

Drago

Legendary Member
Administering a noxious substance, even as a joke, is liable to earn some noteworthy porridge.

Hicky

Guru
Working in Mcr Uni since the early 90’s it’s a common thing I hear of unfortunately😕
My advice for women is always drink from a bottle(have your thumb over the top when not drinking). Only every leave it in someone else’s hand you implicitly trust. If it is EVER left unattended, bin it, don’t even chance it.
I hope the OP’s g/daughter is recovering well and doesn’t experience it again.
All that said it’s becoming a problem for men too in the past 5-10years along a certain street.

Chislenko

Veteran
The bloke ('cos it is almost certainly a bloke) who did that is probably thinking "damn - nearly got one"
if it is reported - at the very least to the bat owner/manager - then he could change to "sheet - nearly got caught" - or better still - "wonder how long I will get"

Hope they are both OK - $deity knows what was in the drinks - but probably not as pure a it might be

How do you know it was "a bloke"

Badger_Boom

Über Member
How do you know it was "a bloke"

Speaking as a ‘bloke’ and knowing quite a few I’d say it was statistically highly likely. For instance I’ve not met many many women who are comfortable expressing a desire to ‘give’ themselves to members of the opposite sex in casual conversation, but I have met an awful lot of ‘blokes’ who do.

Top Bottom