Our grand daughter had her drink spiked.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
It's happening a lot. My granddaughter had her drink spiked a couple of weeks ago in Aber. Her friends found her slumped on the floor near the toilets. Her handbag, keys and debit card was missing. They took her home and called her parents. She only had 4 drinks and 2 of them she gave to her friends. It's a frightening situation that seems to be getting worse.

I'd love to get my hands on whoever did it.

I'd also love for you to get your hands on whoever did it.

As with all offending, there's only two things which will deter it - fear of detection and fear of punishment.

The difficulties of investigating this type of crime means there's very little fear of either.

Drago

Legendary Member
My understanding is that depending on how quickly someone us tested has a huge effect on detection because things like Rohypnol don’t stay in the system for more than a few hours.
It's some years ago so memory is hazy, but I recall you had a good opportunity up to 12 hours, limited opportunity up to 24, forget it after that. Most were scraped out the gutter and taken to hossy by Ambo, so would have given their samples within a few hours.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
The symptoms you describe were pretty much as my victims told me.

But not one had anything in their bloodstream othher than alcohol, and usualy very high concentrations at that, so it is not possible to go by ones own impressions when determining the truth of the situation.
Granddaughter and friend were on their 1st drink. Both exactly the same symptoms very quickly.
I understand teenagers and drink as I seem to recall being one many years ago.
In this case I tend to believe them.

presta

Guru
She collapsed unconscious, and someone's calling a friend 20 miles away instead of an ambulance?

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Do they have any idea what was in the drink??

It is all rather worrying to say the least
Her mum has been trying to get her to at least phone the police but to no avail.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Just to be clear @Dave7
I would still advise anyone in this situation to call 999, maybe ask for an ambulance primarily, as who knows what the drug or its effects are ??

Am really sorry that yr GD had to go through this .

Hope it won't stop her going out and having fun, she should be able to do that at any age

The whiff of 'disbelief' 'she's making it up' 'probs just p*ssed' coming from some quarters, on here, is depressing , but not wholly surprising

The "not going to be believed" scenario , is just one of several reasons that women, particularly young women, don't feel that the police are their best source of support.

Other reasons are also available.

Society as a whole needs to tackle this, it's not just for law enforcement.

Although they could do a lot better.
""""""""
Probs could be better funded too

But oh no that's politics innit

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Her mum has been trying to get her to at least phone the police but to no avail.

Could be because she knows the job wouldn't stand up to scrutiny, which could also explain why an ambulance wasn't called.

Alternatively, in her young life she may have acquired a deep and justified mistrust of the police.

On the other hand - the evidence available to us (which is just this thread) indicates no fault with the victims at all
possibly a confused woman calling a friend rather than an ambulance while just having been drugged

and maybe some experience of women being blamed for everything that happens to them whether or not they were in any way at fault - maybe not directly but indirectly by implications, nods and winks - and all that

and if they see this thread they will have some more experience of it

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
On the other hand - the evidence available to us (which is just this thread) indicates no fault with the victims at all
possibly a confused woman calling a friend rather than an ambulance while just having been drugged

and maybe some experience of women being blamed for everything that happens to them whether or not they were in any way at fault - maybe not directly but indirectly by implications, nods and winks - and all that

and if they see this thread they will have some more experience of it

I was more thinking of the scrapes I got into as a child and my ham-fisted attempts to wriggle out of them.

Dave reckons they are telling the truth, so all should be well.

Hopefully they will be persuaded to put any trust in the police issues they have to the test.

Top Bottom