Out of the saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Am I doing something wrong, maybe I love the feel and look (feel a bit pro) if been off the saddle, but it feels right to me.
@Drago said: "Does any of this matter? Can't people just do what feels most comfortable to them without someone else telling them they're wrong?"
But the OP specifically asked the community whether he 'was doing something wrong'.
that would be nice, wouldn't it?
Wouldn't answer the question. Wouldn't be much of a 'chat' and wouldn't be very interesting. "Nice"? Not sure.
Getting up a hill can be done three ways (not counting walking): seated, standing or a combination thereof; and for any length of hill most people will ride it using both. If the hill is too steep to ride up seated (for that rider) you have to stand or will stall. Standing generally requires greater cv demand and so when riding a hill using combined standing and sitting, a rider would be well advised not to overdo the standing. If you do, you pay for it as it takes longer to get back below the 'red line'. In particular it's worth taking care not to overdo standing early in the climb, hoping the top will come soon. It invariably doesn't. And watch for those false crests too: the bar stewards.

Top Bottom