Out today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
That is pretty much the same as mine apart from the fact mine has a smooth shiny reflector unlike your "mottled" one. Do you have three functions or five on it?
just a stock image there so not sure what my reflector is like, only 3 functions here: high, low and forced epilepsy/ 'flashing'
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
compo

compo

Veteran
just a stock image there so not sure what my reflector is like, only 3 functions here: high, low and forced epilepsy/ 'flashing'
Cheers Ed

A lot of these lights actually have 5 functions and lots of people don't realise it. Try this: Connect the light to the battery then press and hold in the button on the light. It takes 3-5 seconds and the light will come on. Then release the button. If your lamp has the 5 functions you will be able to switch through them same as you do for your 3 functions. Give it a try, you never know!

young Ed

Veteran
A lot of these lights actually have 5 functions and lots of people don't realise it. Try this: Connect the light to the battery then press and hold in the button on the light. It takes 3-5 seconds and the light will come on. Then release the button. If your lamp has the 5 functions you will be able to switch through them same as you do for your 3 functions. Give it a try, you never know!
goes to try immediately!
Cheers Ed

Glow worm

Legendary Member
The hub dynamo light on my hybrid interferes with my Cateye wireless computer. It's not too bad, but every now and then it shows as 0mph as I go along for a few seconds then goes back to the correct speed.

Also, I discovered the other day that leaving the cycle computer near my phone while charging affects it as well. It had added 15 miles and a top speed of 98.6mph. Not bad for just being sat on the kitchen table for an hour!

The hub dynamo light on my hybrid interferes with my Cateye wireless computer. It's not too bad, but every now and then it shows as 0mph as I go along for a few seconds then goes back to the correct speed.

Also, I discovered the other day that leaving the cycle computer near my phone while charging affects it as well. It had added 15 miles and a top speed of 98.6mph. Not bad for just being sat on the kitchen table for an hour!
Whilst cycling through 1 part of the lake district in September both of our worked Cateye cyclo computers stopped working for well over 20 miles. My husband's is always the first one to stop working and the last one to restart...

Levo-Lon

Guru
Flashing lights give me grief but I do think you become more visable to half asleep Cagers, tho I tend to be off road with my cre lights ,cant believe how good lights are now for night mtb..

I wanted to go for a nice xc ride but it looks like im fixing my mates pug 307 heater.....what joy

Last edited:
Top Bottom