1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outrun a policeperson??

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by bianco, 9 Jan 2008.

1. bianco

bianco New Member

How possible do you think it is for the average poster on this site to outrun a policeperson.

I ride a road bike, I bet I could eay outrun one on their MTBs??

After that show on BBC I feel if they tried to pull me over, I could escape, would try to, but feel I could.

Thoughts?

2. Noodley

Noodley Guest

Yep, no problem. But they'd track you on CCTV.

3. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

Hell Yeah!
    I'd like to think so......

T x

4. Easy. Most of them around here wobble about in the gutter and generally ride like they've never seen a bike before. The day I can't outrun the average cycling copper is the day I hang up my wheels for good!

5. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

I reckon that unless you were a hardened criminal, you'd start wobbling with guilt and eventually fall off

6. longers

longers Veteran

I can't think why I would need to.

I've grown up and don't do the fun stuff anymore:sad:.

7. col

col Veteran

Couldnt here if i wanted to,there is always a helicopter around somewhere.:biggrin:

8. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

You might be able to outrun the coppa, but would you be able to outrun Mr. Motorola?

9. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

It would not be wise to try to get away from a policeman if he was trying to pull you over for something. I'm not well up on the law but I think that in itself is an offence. There are however a few police who visit and contribute to this and other cycling forums and from what I read they would not be easy to get away from anyway!!!!!!!!!

10. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

They would. Those camera operators are desparate for a bit of action.

11. Cab

Cab New Member

One or two of the coppers on bikes roundhere are pretty nifty and would give me a good race. Most of the others are plodding gutter huggers though :biggrin:

12. Old Walrus

Old Walrus Über Member

Sadly my police provided mount would not stand much of a chance in a 'chase'! I was given a good bollocking when I suggested paying for my own improvements as a committee (snore) has to approve any procured items.

13. Cab

Cab New Member

There was a news report around here of a cycling copper heading off after a drunk driver a while ago, caught him when he'd just arrived home, and nicked him. Can't find the news article though. The copper had used to race competetively and could shift a bit even on a police mountain bike.

14. walker

walker New Member

I guess you could but by the time you've lost sight of him the patrol car would turn up.

15. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Never mind the fact that you'd be pretty easy to spot the next day. Unless you resprayed your bike, tied ribbons to it and donned a top hat, monocle and fake moustache. And tweeds.

But then the danger would be that if they saw through your disguise, your progress would be slowed by your attire. Hmm, worth a bit of thought...