Outrun a policeperson??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bianco

How possible do you think it is for the average poster on this site to outrun a policeperson.

I ride a road bike, I bet I could eay outrun one on their MTBs??

After that show on BBC I feel if they tried to pull me over, I could escape, would try to, but feel I could.

Thoughts?

Noodley

Yep, no problem. But they'd track you on CCTV.

Abitrary

I reckon that unless you were a hardened criminal, you'd start wobbling with guilt and eventually fall off

longers

Legendary Member
I can't think why I would need to.

I've grown up and don't do the fun stuff anymore:sad:.

col

Legendary Member
Couldnt here if i wanted to,there is always a helicopter around somewhere.:biggrin:

Keith Oates

Janner
It would not be wise to try to get away from a policeman if he was trying to pull you over for something. I'm not well up on the law but I think that in itself is an offence. There are however a few police who visit and contribute to this and other cycling forums and from what I read they would not be easy to get away from anyway!!!!!!!!!

Cab

One or two of the coppers on bikes roundhere are pretty nifty and would give me a good race. Most of the others are plodding gutter huggers though :biggrin:

Sadly my police provided mount would not stand much of a chance in a 'chase'! I was given a good bollocking when I suggested paying for my own improvements as a committee (snore) has to approve any procured items.

Cab

There was a news report around here of a cycling copper heading off after a drunk driver a while ago, caught him when he'd just arrived home, and nicked him. Can't find the news article though. The copper had used to race competetively and could shift a bit even on a police mountain bike.

Tetedelacourse

Never mind the fact that you'd be pretty easy to spot the next day. Unless you resprayed your bike, tied ribbons to it and donned a top hat, monocle and fake moustache. And tweeds.

But then the danger would be that if they saw through your disguise, your progress would be slowed by your attire. Hmm, worth a bit of thought...

biking_fox

Guru
Walker - I guess you could but by the time you've lost sight of him the
patrol car would turn up.

One of the ideas of the cycling coppers was that they can go places a car can't. Bikes can get away from cars without any problems at all. At least as far as the traffic round here goes.

I wouldn't manage it, because I'd stay on the roads, unlike my local coppers who seem quite happy to rid eon the pavements. I haven't seen any RLJ yet but they'd probably catch me up there too if they did.

Top Bottom