Outrun a policeperson??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pete

bianco said:
I ride a road bike, I bet I could eay outrun one on their MTBs??
Well, I couldn't. Even on my road bike I'm only a plodder, as I have mentioned before, I make no boasts about my speed or lack of it. Age, and physical fitness factors, play their part.

Anyway the whole premise behind this thread is unethical, in my view. I don't RLJ. Indeed I aim never to attract the attention of any of our coppers, cycling or otherwise, for the wrong reason... So why should I want to outrun one?

Indeed the only thing on the road which I have the need to outrun, on occasion, is the aggressive dog, escaped from its garden. This happens now and again and can be scary.

Old Walrus said:
...in Sussex...
Didn't know we had any cycling coppers on this forum, never mind on my patch! Where are you based, OW? Might look out for you, but not for the 'wrong' reasons!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I don't think I'd have a problem out running any of them, but I'd have no need to - I'm a good boy...but you know that there will be a scooby or motorbike near by so they'd have ya.... plus all that furious pedalling would have you show up on the helicopters thermal immaging rather easilly :angry:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
As 'Old Walrus' says, the officers are kitted out in mainly regular officers kit with the addition of a crash hat - blooming heavy stuff.

We have quite a few in South Manchester - seem to have been let back on their bikes after one got squashed (left turning truck) - can't be comfortable in all that kit.

Maz

Guru
Anyone seen this film?
212029258_54ebd57672_m.jpg

Top Bottom