Overshoes for BIG feet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Just thought I'd ask if anybody else has found any decent neoprene waterproof overshoes that fit size 49 (13) shoes?

I had some BBB's which fell apart recently, they were ok but not neoprene and I'd rather try another brand if possible. I checked a thread on bike radar but all the suggestions offered were discontinued.
TIA 4 any suggestions.

2pies

Veteran
I found it hard as well, with the same size feet. Options were limited and quite costly. I went with a cheap pair of toe covers which provide the extra warmth I was looking for.The large size fitted over my size 13 Diadora shoes.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cycling-T...g_Goods_Athletic_Shoes_ET&hash=item4cfcaed357

Steve H

Large Member
I take a 48, and have used these Pro Tarmac overshoes. The spec says they go up to 49. Here is a link.

Overshoes

I've had mine for about a year now so may not be exactly the same version. Overall I've been fairly pleased with them. Got a couple of splits / worn bits in now and so will need to replace soon. They're not the cheapest, but I'd happily buy again.

RhythMick

Über Member
I realise this thread is a couple of years old, in fact most of the links in it don't work.

It seems most companies go "up to" size 13 and even then it's "11 - 13". Most reviews suggest to go for a size up too, which makes it tricky.

I just found these on Wiggle. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/northwave-h2o-extreme-technical-waterproof-high-shoecover/

Have ordered a pair of XXLs which are EU 47 - 50. The reviews are decent. I'll report back after I've used them.

2pies

Veteran
I realise this thread is a couple of years old, in fact most of the links in it don't work.

It seems most companies go "up to" size 13 and even then it's "11 - 13". Most reviews suggest to go for a size up too, which makes it tricky.

I just found these on Wiggle. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/northwave-h2o-extreme-technical-waterproof-high-shoecover/

Have ordered a pair of XXLs which are EU 47 - 50. The reviews are decent. I'll report back after I've used them.

Please do. I've yet to find a "good quality" overshoe that keeps my feet dry in heavy rain.

evo456

Über Member
I'm interested also, TriRadar review rates it highly. I'm looking to replace my worn out Tenn overshoes after heavy use just over 6 month, though it was a cheap purchase at £7. The Northwave seem to fit the bill nicely.

For the price Ive been impressed with the Planet X Neoprene overshoes and the velcro closure at the back ensure they fit all shoes.

albion

Guru
Having lost one of my Eager Overshoes I chanced a reduced price Aldi pair (9.1 to 11) for my size 12.
Surprisingly they fit which did seem unlikely considering I wear boots.

RhythMick

Über Member
I have the Planet X Neoprene overshoes and agreed I like the velcro closure at the back. The problem is their largest size barely stays on my clumsy clodhoppers.

The Northwave are very different, much lighter and stretchier. I suspect they don't do much for warmth, but that's fine by me - it's keeping dry I need. Getting the Northwave on needs you to slide your foot through, stretch it over the heel, close the velcro tab under the sole and zip up. Once on they feel light and I'm sure will keep me very dry. Ironically I haven't hit rain since I got them.

jack smith

Veteran
I've got size 14's and can't find a shoe with the cleats in the correct place never mind overshoes -.- every shoe I've tried the pedal axle is just behind the ball of my foot and it hurts like heck! A £1 set of memory foam soles stopped a lot of it but still not ideal

I bought some Tenn overshoes, size 13, which go over my trainers perfectly, however are rubbish in the nasty weather we've had in Plymouth.
I'm looking for a replacement to these now, as I feel the reflector strip is the reason why my feet get wet, however not as wet without them. Perfect for cold and light rain though, as I have arthritis in both feet and find they help keep the warmth in.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Not sure why finding overshoes for a size 13 should be at all hard, most should fit, they are stretchy. I wear XS sized neoprene overshoes (they were free) and they stretch over a size 9.

I've got size 14's and can't find a shoe with the cleats in the correct place never mind overshoes -.- every shoe I've tried the pedal axle is just behind the ball of my foot and it hurts like heck! A £1 set of memory foam soles stopped a lot of it but still not ideal

Then your shoes must be shite.

Top Bottom