&!*% OW CROSSBAR! How long will it hurt?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wednesday

I had an encounter with my crossbar about 200 metres before I got home yesterday evening. This one's higher than any I've had before, so it's the first time I've properly thwacked it and, um, I could do with knowing how long my crotch is going to be a no-go area. How long does it take to recover, and is visible bruising likely? (At the moment I can just about feel the soreness without any pressure on it.)

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I had an encounter with my crossbar about 200 metres before I got home yesterday evening. This one's higher than any I've had before, so it's the first time I've properly thwacked it and, um, I could do with knowing how long my crotch is going to be a no-go area. How long does it take to recover, and is visible bruising likely? (At the moment I can just about feel the soreness without any pressure on it.)

Last time that happened to me the pain was gone in a day. Fingers crossed.

Bluebell72

To aid your recovery is my Mum's top tip, which I use after a long ride, and when I know I'm in the saddle again the next day - it works a treat on all sore parts.

Shove one of those frozen brickette things that you get for camping bags and coolers in your pants.
Don't laugh, it works, I promise. Just not next to the skin.

It follows the first aid principle of applying ice and compression to an inflamed area. Good as new!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Wednesday

Wednesday

Should have thought of that! Unfortunately I only buy Birdseye peas and I don't like to waste them, so I'm waiting for the icepack to refreeze.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
Deep Heat helps with aches and strains :whistle:

i dare you to spray it on your goolies first!

C

chillyuk

How did you do it?

I have only managed it once whan my chain snapped whilst I was standing on the pedals attacking a hill.

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
How did you do it?

I have only managed it once whan my chain snapped whilst I was standing on the pedals attacking a hill.

I landed on mine on yesterday, went to change gear & the chain skipped 2 & went onto 1...I came down with a right crash & thought i'd snapped my chain!
And i can assure you all - it's just as painful for a woman as it is for a man :blush:

And yes...the freezer pack wrapped in kitchen roll really does help
;)

OP
OP
Wednesday

Wednesday

Nothing dramatic (apart from the pain). I turned onto a downhill too close to the curb, wheel touched the curb and I came off. Downhills seem to be the problem; when I was test riding this bike I hit it just a little when I stopped on a hill (not used to it being there), and the one time it happened on my step-through I was standing over it waiting for the lights to change and when they did I went up, the seat caught my waistband and I went back down.

abo

Doh, my son just smacked his boy bits into his crossbar, he somehow managed to ride into the back of a parked car :wacko: We were taking the long route home from school and he got his gear change/brake/swerve all muddled up and ended up having a crash.

Props to the nice lady who's car it was, who popped out to make sure he was ok. She didn't even look at her car :thumbsup:

And Freddie just soldiered on (after a bit of a sit down) and we rode home

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Doh, my son just smacked his boy bits into his crossbar, he somehow managed to ride into the back of a parked car :wacko: We were taking the long route home from school and he got his gear change/brake/swerve all muddled up and ended up having a crash.

Props to the nice lady who's car it was, who popped out to make sure he was ok. She didn't even look at her car :thumbsup:

And Freddie just soldiered on (after a bit of a sit down) and we rode home

Freddies little solider might be painful in a while though. I seem to remember it is less painful when young but that might be a phallicy :whistle:

Top Bottom