P.E.T.A Sue Photographer On Behalf of (Wrong) Monkey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just a silly point.......

If there is a genuine counter claim that as he "taught" the monkey to take the photograph, he has a right to ownership of the work

Does that men that JK Rowling's English Teacher has a right to her work?

Tin Pot

Guru

If there is a genuine counter claim that as he "taught" the monkey to take the photograph, he has a right to ownership of the work

If JK Rowling were not human, then yes.

They were not taught how to take a photo, they were taught how to press a button. They had no idea what they were doing, they weren't posing or composing.

I could just as well claim copyright © to a speed camera photo, as I triggered the shutter by driving by over the speed limit.

Tin Pot

Guru
There is an upside to this. Once PETA are finally laughed out of court, the legal framework for any further nonsense will be set up to knock anything similar into a cocked hat more rapidly.

Oh for the days of King Solomon, if I am Solomon of course.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
There is an upside to this. Once PETA are finally laughed out of court, the legal framework for any further nonsense will be set up to knock anything similar into a cocked hat more rapidly.

Oh for the days of King Solomon, if I am Solomon of course.

You forget that this is happening in America, being laughed out of court is not a forgone conclusion.

I'm surprised this thread hadn't descended yet :whistle:
As in descended from the trees?

Very Apeist

Top Bottom