Painfully bright Chinese lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hoopdriver

Guru
An arms race?
I've got a 600 which is plenty enough for pitch black night riding, on or off road. And that stays on 'low' most of the time.

Apart from anything else, 5000 lumens would eat batteries.
That particular Lupine light - extremely expensive - comes with a large bottle battery that can last for hours...

Johnno260

Veteran
I currently use a Lezyne 800xl, beam spread seems ok, I would never go past 800 lumens and I hardly ever use the full beam.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
You could be riding close to the sea on a dark night when someone gets dragged out to sea by the current.
Your amazing light picks out the casualty struggling in the water the lifeboat gets too them just in time to make a really good utube video.
Other than that I cant see any point in lights over about 600 to 800 lumens.

Banjo

I was riding last night when I saw someone with no lights.This is terrible he also wasn't wearing a helmet plus horror of horrors chain was dirty..

Banjo

It was very lucky I had my Sunrise 4000 front light on full or I wouldn't have noticed the dirty chain.

simongt

Guru
On a couple of occasions in the past, I've politely observed on the excessive brightness / badly adjusted front lights and both times I've been told to 'f**k off'.
So is there any point in this discussion anyway - ? :tired:

hoopdriver

Guru
On a couple of occasions in the past, I've politely observed on the excessive brightness / badly adjusted front lights and both times I've been told to 'f**k off'.
Not beyond a good old fashioned airing of grievances...

Banjo

Probably says something about the type of person who would want a football stadium flood light on their handlebars.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Sorry guys, but I must confess - I have two Solar-storm 3 lights on the GT at the moment.

Although I only have one on at a time on the road section of my commute, at the lowest setting and pointed mostly at the floor.

For the off road section however, I microwave anything in my path - moths, rabbits, bats, ninja dog walkers.....

Top Bottom